#opnfv-meeting: Infra WG Meeting

Meeting started by fdegir at 15:00:04 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Roll Call (fdegir, 15:00:11)
    1. Frank Brockners (frankbrockners, 15:00:25)
    2. Ray Paik (rpaik, 15:00:27)
    3. Julien (Julien-zte, 15:00:42)
    4. Jack Morgan (IRC) (jmorgan1, 15:01:06)

  2. Infra/Pharos/Releng topics in Docs Hacking (fdegir, 15:01:12)
    1. https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/EVNT/Docs+Hacking (fdegir, 15:01:22)
    2. https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/EVNT/Docs+Hacking Doc hacking wiki (rpaik, 15:01:22)
    3. Combining infra documentation under infra heading on docs.opnfv.org (fdegir, 15:02:26)

  3. PDF/IDF Update/Progress (fdegir, 15:02:39)
    1. Trevor Bramwell (bramwelt, 15:03:30)
    2. https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/INF/Infra+Working+Group (aricg, 15:03:45)
    3. Aric Gardner (aricg, 15:03:49)
    4. AlexAvadanii has been working on enabling checks on PDF/iDF patches (fdegir, 15:05:42)
    5. https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/51075/ (AlexAvadanii, 15:06:20)
    6. AGREED: Infra WG agrees to enable CI verify voting for check-jinja/check-schema (fdegir, 15:07:05)
    7. link above blacklists incompatbilee PDFs against certain installers (AlexAvadanii, 15:07:57)
    8. once merged, schema/jinjs2 should pass for all pods (AlexAvadanii, 15:08:24)
    9. https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/49213/ (aricg, 15:09:19)
    10. There is a proposal from Guillermo regarding PDF (fdegir, 15:12:14)
    11. https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/49213/ (fdegir, 15:12:24)
    12. In order for us to have something official, it is important to have all PDFs/IDFs created based on current/official PDF/IDF templates, pharos repo tagged, and then the new proposal can be discussed within the community (fdegir, 15:13:02)
    13. The pharos repo can be tagged once all the PDF/IDF are ready and verified by CI (fdegir, 15:14:05)
    14. Small changes are needed to support PDFs for vPODs as well (fdegir, 15:15:08)
    15. https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/50315/ (AlexAvadanii, 15:16:27)
    16. vPDF support proposal (AlexAvadanii, 15:16:35)
    17. vPOD support can be introduced once the PDF for BM is officially released (fdegir, 15:16:40)
    18. https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/51263/1 (AlexAvadanii, 15:16:56)
    19. sample vPDF (AlexAvadanii, 15:16:59)

  4. LaaS Update/Progress/Demo (fdegir, 15:17:34)
    1. First 5 ARM servers have been shipped last week - they should be delivered during this week (fdegir, 15:18:15)
    2. Everything else arrived already - cables, etc. (fdegir, 15:18:44)
    3. One full rack of servers have been turned on (fdegir, 15:18:56)
    4. the 5 ARM servers are schedule to arrive on January 31 (Wed) (rpaik, 15:19:44)
    5. Parker/Sawyer demonstrating LaaS MVP (fdegir, 15:22:13)
    6. https://jira.opnfv.org/browse/PHAROS-318 (fdegir, 15:22:15)
    7. vPODs can be booked via dashboard with the distro selected by user; ubuntu, centos, opensuse (fdegir, 15:27:32)
    8. frankbrockners asks that it would be useful/needed to give users access to console (fdegir, 15:28:22)
    9. This needs further investigation as the work currently focuses on bringing MVP up (fdegir, 15:28:51)
    10. Once the OS is flashed on the machine, the email notification can be sent to requesting user (fdegir, 15:29:45)
    11. Dashboard needs to be updated to send the notification (fdegir, 15:30:04)
    12. IPMI is used for power control and FOG is used for flashing OS on the machines (fdegir, 15:30:47)
    13. Infra WG needs to come up with policy regarding the limitations; how many resources a user can book for how long and possible extensions, etc. (fdegir, 15:37:16)
    14. There will probably be other things that need to be set like changing the networking and so on (fdegir, 15:38:11)
    15. this might be useful for consoles if you write a proxy for SOL over IPMI - https://github.com/openstack/pyghmi (AlexAvadanii, 15:38:54)
    16. It might be useful to open the LaaS MVP "prototype" to limited no of users to start collecting feedback (fdegir, 15:42:43)
    17. But before this happens, dashboard needs few updates (fdegir, 15:42:57)
    18. First 20 servers are powered up and they can be made available on the dashboard during coming days (fdegir, 15:43:46)
    19. https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/pharos/Intel+OPNFV+Community+Lab+AUP (fdegir, 15:47:13)
    20. https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/laas-mvp-protototype-feedback (fdegir, 15:47:24)
    21. The AUP written by jmorgan1 for Intel lab can be used as an example (fdegir, 15:49:53)
    22. https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/pharos/Intel+OPNFV+Community+Lab+AUP (fdegir, 15:49:59)
    23. The etherpad to use for initial LaaS MVP prototype users is (fdegir, 15:50:27)
    24. https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/laas-mvp-protototype-feedback (fdegir, 15:50:34)
    25. Once the LaaS MVP is opened up for the use of the community, working on static baremetal POD can proceed as the next step (fdegir, 15:52:10)
    26. LaaS will be first standing topic for upcoming Infra WG meetings (fdegir, 15:56:55)

  5. Automatically adding INFO file (fdegir, 15:57:07)
    1. https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/50381/ (aricg, 15:57:10)
    2. ACTION: aricg to bring the topic to Weekly Tech Discuss and then do the update accordingly (fdegir, 15:59:11)

  6. New Jenkins plugin requirement discussion: PostBuild Script (fdegir, 15:59:54)
    1. https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/PostBuildScript+Plugin (fdegir, 16:00:06)
    2. ACTION: bramwelt to follow this up with Julien-zte (fdegir, 16:00:28)

Meeting ended at 16:01:27 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. aricg to bring the topic to Weekly Tech Discuss and then do the update accordingly
  2. bramwelt to follow this up with Julien-zte

Action items, by person

  1. aricg
    1. aricg to bring the topic to Weekly Tech Discuss and then do the update accordingly
  2. bramwelt
    1. bramwelt to follow this up with Julien-zte
  3. Julien-zte
    1. bramwelt to follow this up with Julien-zte

People present (lines said)

  1. fdegir (52)
  2. AlexAvadanii (16)
  3. Julien-zte (9)
  4. collabot` (8)
  5. Sawyer (6)
  6. radez (5)
  7. aricg (4)
  8. rpaik (4)
  9. frankbrockners (1)
  10. bramwelt (1)
  11. jmorgan1 (1)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.