#opnfv-testperf: testperf

Meeting started by acm at 15:07:32 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. Al Morton (acm, 15:07:50)
    2. Rex Lee (mj_rex, 15:07:52)
    3. Sridhar Rao (Srao, 15:08:22)

  1. agenda (acm, 15:11:40)
    1. C├ędric Ollivier (ollivier, 15:12:07)
    2. may need to delay discussion of Akraino Framework (no topic leaders present, yet) (acm, 15:12:29)
    3. Georg Kunz (georgk, 15:14:00)
    4. cedric -- big gap between XCI and OPNFV installers, namely no barometer support - (acm, 15:15:33)

  2. Relaese gates (acm, 15:16:09)
    1. cedric -- big gap between XCI and OPNFV installers, namely no BAREMETAL support - correction (acm, 15:16:25)
    2. Mark Beierl (mbeierl, 15:16:40)
    3. https://zoom.us/j/5014627785 (mj_rex, 15:17:00)
    4. georg - if we run out of installers in opnfv, baremetal support could be added if community needs it, but (acm, 15:17:26)
    5. cedric - at end of day, XCI is not an installer - Orange tried with a patch, (acm, 15:18:16)
    6. cedric's question: should we build another installer from scratch? to start from XCI, it's not ok without bware metal (acm, 15:19:48)
    7. the community could also consider re-using latest open source tools such as Openstack-helm or Airship. (georgk, 15:21:41)
    8. need volunteers for test case descriptions (see notes) (acm, 15:22:13)
    9. in this case XCI would provide the CI/CD related mechanisms (gating, promoting artifacts, etc.) and for deployment leverage oen of the deployers mentioned above (georgk, 15:22:42)
    10. cedric Functest has the tests... (acm, 15:23:00)
    11. cedric's POV - may reach Openstack level of quality checking - do not degrade from there. (acm, 15:23:55)
    12. cedric don't increase beyond what Functest is doing. (acm, 15:26:12)
    13. https://build.opnfv.org/ci/view/functest/job/functest-latest-gate/80/ (ollivier, 15:26:21)
    14. cedric don't DECREASE beyond what Functest is doing, for the Release process, all the tests are not new!! (acm, 15:27:35)
    15. ollivier Functest verified all changes for each change. We can trust it. (ollivier, 15:29:18)
    16. cedric - need to discuss whether installers can select the test cases. (acm, 15:30:01)
    17. cedric can't allow XCI to select the test cases -- (acm, 15:30:30)
    18. Cedric OPNFV community selects the test cases - should be executed by ALL installers - or we will loose OPNFV's benefits. (acm, 15:31:56)
    19. that's the last word on this! (acm, 15:32:39)
    20. link http://testresults.opnfv.org/functest/gambia/ (Section Collect Results) (ollivier, 15:32:58)
    21. http://testresults.opnfv.org/functest/gambia/ (ollivier, 15:33:12)

  3. Akraino - X-testing Cedric presented in Paris (acm, 15:35:15)
    1. could re-use cross-testing - a python framework --- CI/CD from a YAML file (acm, 15:36:11)
    2. quick demo was presented Paris - (acm, 15:37:10)
    3. cedric presented slides from - but we lost audio on Zoom (acm, 15:39:46)
    4. X-testing is for managing the interaction with CI/CD and a dev can easily deploy your own CI/CD for local testing (acm, 15:44:42)
    5. already in use in Functest of course. (acm, 15:45:40)
    6. cedri ran the demo with 7 commands described on the OPNFV wiki page for XTesting (acm, 15:47:32)
    7. page title; Deploy your own Xtesting CI/CD tool chain: https://wiki.opnfv.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=32015004 (acm, 15:50:22)
    8. - does not require any System under test... (acm, 15:52:22)
    9. - it is part of OPNFV strategy to permit On-demand deployent of CI/CD (acm, 15:54:45)
    10. ONAP is very interested in the X-testing , Akaino considering it as well. (acm, 15:58:20)
    11. cedric : can mix and match the functional tests - wants to integrate performance tests - need to understand the dependencies! (acm, 16:01:33)
    12. about MORE than OPNFV... (acm, 16:01:54)
    13. cedric - facilitates dovetail integration - all tests integrated in the same way... Talk on Re-use of X-testing at ONS - NA (acm, 16:03:19)
    14. Sridhar, VSPERF and Rex, Yardstck will be at ONS to discuss - (acm, 16:05:30)
    15. cedric suggests to install on your laptop to get started. (acm, 16:06:31)
    16. Rex will will host meeting in next 2 weeks - perhaps further discussion of this topic and Akraino (acm, 16:07:28)


Meeting ended at 16:07:36 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. (none)


People present (lines said)

  1. acm (40)
  2. ollivier (8)
  3. georgk (4)
  4. collabot` (3)
  5. mbeierl (3)
  6. mj_rex (2)
  7. Srao (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.