12:01:18 <jki> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
12:01:18 <collab-meetbot`> Meeting started Thu Jun 30 12:01:18 2022 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is jki. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
12:01:18 <collab-meetbot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
12:01:18 <collab-meetbot`> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
12:01:23 <jki> hello everyone!
12:01:29 <alicefm> Hi
12:01:34 <uli> hello
12:01:42 <patersonc[m]> Hello
12:01:50 <masami> hello
12:02:11 <pave1> hi
12:02:33 <iwamatsu> hi
12:03:30 <jki> let's go!
12:03:35 <jki> #topic AI review
12:03:41 <jki> 1. Provide ignore-list for failures of KernelCI on 4.4-cip - pavel
12:04:35 <pave1> I went through the bugs for an hour, and could not find a 'good' one.
12:04:54 <pave1> I sent the findings to the list, but no reply so far.
12:05:19 <jki> alicefm: did you have a chance to look at that?
12:06:35 <alicefm> Not yet.
12:07:23 <jki> ok, then I would assign the AI back to you
12:07:55 <jki> 2. Check cip devices on kernelci old pull request - patersonc
12:09:30 <patersonc[m]> No further progress this week
12:09:55 <jki> 3. Update https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting/cipreferencehardware - iwamatsu-san
12:10:16 <iwamatsu> No update yet.
12:10:35 <jki> ok, other AIs?
12:10:56 <jki> 3
12:10:57 <jki> 2
12:11:00 <jki> 1
12:11:05 <jki> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
12:11:26 <pave1> I did reviews on 5.10.127.
12:11:28 <uli> reviewed 5.10.125
12:11:33 <masami> This week reported no new CVEs and 5 updated CVEs
12:11:43 <pave1> I'm working on moving 4.4 forward.
12:11:44 <iwamatsu> I reviewed 5.10.125,126
12:12:21 <pave1> 4.19 and 5.10 need rt releases, it would be nice to coordinate -cip releases with them.
12:13:26 <pave1> I'll be traveling next week, so will not make it to Tuesday's call.
12:13:54 <iwamatsu> Yes, the timgin is not match....
12:14:43 <pave1> Yep, the -rt releases are not too frequent .-(
12:15:38 <jki> pavel: do you get indications when the next one will come?
12:15:47 <jki> are you on that maintainer call as well?
12:16:26 <pave1> I did not make it to the last one, but normally I'm invited, yes.
12:17:00 <pave1> No indications other than history.
12:17:21 <pave1> They are about month apart AFAICT.
12:17:59 <jki> then all we could do is to schedule an extra cip release to account for cip-rt
12:18:01 <jki> right?
12:19:54 <pave1> Well, or we can delay a release to get a match .-)
12:20:32 <jki> if that is possible...
12:20:43 <iwamatsu> In that case, we will not be able to release every two weeks.
12:21:20 <jki> worst case: delay by two weeks - right
12:21:45 <jki> classic issue of two unsynchronized cyclic tasks
12:21:49 <pave1> That should work.
12:22:24 <pave1> Dunno. If releases are easy to do for iwamatsu-san, we can simply keep doing extra ones.
12:24:00 <iwamatsu> hehe
12:24:26 <iwamatsu> First , why not try it experimentally?
12:26:55 <jki> iwamatsu: what do you mean exactly? what should we do next in this case?
12:29:19 <iwamatsu> sorry, the experiment will be a normal release and a CIP kernel release to coincide with the RT release.
12:30:30 <jki> so, wait for the next -rt releases, then to an extra cip, then the cip-rt ones, right?
12:30:52 <jki> pavel: fine for you?
12:31:00 <iwamatsu> Yes
12:31:05 <pave1> Yes, that should work.
12:31:19 <jki> perfect
12:31:38 <jki> pavel: you will ping iwamatsu-san?
12:32:02 <iwamatsu> I am checking RT release, too.
12:32:06 <pave1> Ok, will do so once suitable 4.19-rt or 5.10-rt is released.
12:32:25 <jki> great
12:32:33 <jki> move on?
12:32:50 <jki> 3
12:32:50 <pave1> Yes.
12:32:52 <jki> 2
12:32:53 <jki> 1
12:32:57 <jki> #topic Kernel testing
12:34:34 <patersonc[m]> Sorry, my IRC got disconnected
12:34:46 <patersonc[m]> I'm not sure there are a huge amount of updates from last week
12:35:08 <patersonc[m]> Iwamatsu-san, have you heard anything from Plat'home about that cip-kernel-config MR for their board?
12:35:56 <iwamatsu> I am waiting MR from Minda-san yet.
12:36:43 <iwamatsu> I will send ping to him.
12:37:45 <patersonc[m]> Thanks
12:39:29 <jki> anything else?
12:39:41 <patersonc[m]> Not from me
12:39:52 <jki> 3
12:39:54 <jki> 2
12:39:57 <jki> 1
12:40:00 <jki> #topic AOB
12:42:40 <jki> nothing?
12:42:49 <jki> 3
12:42:51 <jki> 2
12:42:54 <jki> 1
12:42:57 <jki> #endmeeting