12:04:38 <iwamatsu`> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
12:04:38 <collab-meetbot`> Meeting started Thu Dec  1 12:04:38 2022 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is iwamatsu`. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
12:04:38 <collab-meetbot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
12:04:38 <collab-meetbot`> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
12:05:17 <iwamatsu`> #topic AI review
12:05:50 <iwamatsu`> 1. Add qemu-riscv to cip-kernel-config - patersonc
12:06:01 <patersonc[m]> no updates
12:06:10 <iwamatsu`> got it. thanks.
12:06:29 <iwamatsu`> 2. Create MR for disabling smc test in qemu - alicef
12:06:36 <alicef> https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/pull/1516
12:06:40 <alicef> done
12:07:19 <alicef> This can be closed
12:07:23 <iwamatsu`> Great!
12:07:39 <iwamatsu`> OK, remove from next meeting.
12:08:18 <iwamatsu`> other topic?
12:08:25 <iwamatsu`> 3
12:08:30 <iwamatsu`> 2
12:08:32 <alicef> we could probably also close this issue https://github.com/orgs/kernelci/projects/11
12:08:55 <alicef> as I think that smc was the last problem on 4.4
12:09:07 <alicef> pave1: can you confirm?
12:09:41 <alicef> can we close "CIP: resolve / filter remaining issues of 4.4 branch" issue?
12:09:42 <pave1> I have not watched those kernelci reports.
12:09:51 <alicef> ok
12:10:03 <pave1> But I guess we can close it now and reopen if neccessary.
12:10:51 <alicef> ok
12:11:34 <iwamatsu`> ok, move to next topic
12:11:38 <iwamatsu`> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
12:11:58 <uli> i'm reviewing patches for the next 4.4-st
12:12:02 <masami> This week reported 11 new CVEs and 3 updated CVEs.
12:12:38 <pave1> I did reviews on 5.10.156 and 157.
12:12:45 <pave1> And some 4.4.x maintainance.
12:13:01 <iwamatsu`> I reviewed  5.10.156
12:14:12 <iwamatsu`> and I released cip kernels.
12:14:14 <pave1> iwamatsu: "extcon: adc-jack: Fix incompatible pointer type warni..." -- I'll go ahead and apply it to 4.4.y-cip?
12:14:39 <iwamatsu`> pave1: yes, please.
12:15:12 <pave1> I don't think we want to do extra 4.4-cip and 4.4-cip-rt releases just for this, but we can ask Jan next time.
12:15:37 <pave1> Would it be possible to copy the two configs from 4.4-cip-rt to 4.4-cip, so that bugs are caught early?
12:16:58 <pave1> (And preferably test them for 4.9-stable, too.)
12:17:55 <iwamatsu`> It's not a big problem, but I propose to release.
12:19:28 <iwamatsu`> about copy to config: Probably it is possible.
12:20:20 <iwamatsu`> s/copy to/copy two/
12:21:49 <pave1> Well, release is not that much work, but doing it for single patch...
12:22:02 <pave1> uli: Do you have some patches ready for 4.4.X?
12:22:36 <uli> no, not yet
12:23:15 <pave1> Lets postpone decision to next week with Jan or to mailing list? We may want to do next 4.4.X early to test the process, etc.
12:23:52 <iwamatsu`> OK
12:24:14 <iwamatsu`> anything else to discuss?
12:24:31 <iwamatsu`> 3
12:24:35 <iwamatsu`> 2
12:24:37 <iwamatsu`> 1
12:24:53 <iwamatsu`> #topic Kernel release status
12:25:02 <iwamatsu`> 4.4
12:25:40 <pave1> We did the releases :-). But 4.4-rt is not up to date with latest 4.9-rt changes.
12:26:22 <iwamatsu`> OK
12:26:26 <pave1> They looked a bit tricky. I have some kind of backports but they probably should be reviewed more.
12:27:14 <iwamatsu`> 4.19
12:28:16 <pave1> We should be ok with 4.19-rt and 5.10-rt
12:29:59 <iwamatsu`> LTS too
12:30:53 <iwamatsu`> 5.10
12:31:01 <iwamatsu`> same status as 4.19
12:31:21 <iwamatsu`> OK, lets move next topic.
12:31:25 <iwamatsu`> #topic Kernel testing
12:31:51 <alicef> no updates from me other that smc and closing 4.4 issue task
12:31:52 <patersonc[m]> Hello
12:32:06 <iwamatsu`> hi, patersonc
12:32:31 <patersonc[m]> alicef: Should we add kernelci support to build/test linux-4.4.y-st and linux-4.4.y-st-rc?
12:32:46 <patersonc[m]> I guess we'd add it to build-configs-cip.yaml?
12:32:49 <alicef> pavel ?
12:32:51 <pave1> Yes please.
12:32:56 <alicef> ok
12:33:07 <pave1> I added .yml to the trees but they were removed later.
12:33:22 <pave1> I can add .yml for each test, but that's kind of ... boring.
12:33:35 <patersonc[m]> alicef: Do you want me to create an issue ticket? Or just go straight to an MR?
12:33:52 <pave1> So if you can come up with better way, that would be great.
12:33:58 <alicef> patersonc[m]: what is best for you. I have no preference
12:34:19 <patersonc[m]> What is our build/test scope for -st? The usual CIP configs? Or the usual "stable" configs that kernelci uses?
12:34:38 <patersonc[m]> Perhaps cip only if that's all we're promising to maintain?
12:34:50 <pave1> "stable" configs, please. They will only work on 2 of 3 boards.
12:35:13 <pave1> There's board supported by 4.4-cip not supported by 4.4-st, so it would fail all the time.
12:35:52 <patersonc[m]> Presumably we don't want to test for all architectures though?
12:35:58 <pave1> And actually... testing -st-rt would not be bad either.
12:36:41 <pave1> I'd start with all architectures. If it is too much work to maintain, we can scale back.
12:36:48 <patersonc[m]> There only seems to be a linux-4.4.y-st-rt-rebase, not an linux-4.4.y-st-rt?
12:37:04 <pave1> I have ti locally. I'll push it.
12:37:26 <pave1> But it will have same data as -st-rebase.
12:37:42 <patersonc[m]> Thanks
12:37:55 <patersonc[m]> What is the expected update frequency for the -st branches?
12:38:49 <pave1> Less than once in 14 days, unless we are debugging something. -st-rc might be a bit more often.
12:38:59 <patersonc[m]> OKay
12:39:13 <pave1> Thank you!
12:39:14 <pave1> :-)
12:40:30 <iwamatsu`> anything else?
12:40:32 <patersonc[m]> I've no other topics to raise
12:40:58 <iwamatsu`> ok
12:40:59 <iwamatsu`> 3
12:41:01 <iwamatsu`> 2
12:41:03 <iwamatsu`> 1
12:41:19 <iwamatsu`> #topic AOB
12:42:31 <patersonc[m]> Is anyone going to OSS-J in person next week?
12:43:09 <pave1> I'd like to visit Japan one day, but not next week.
12:43:25 <iwamatsu`> I am going to participate.
12:44:07 <patersonc[m]> I'll be there if anyone wants to meet up
12:46:12 <iwamatsu`> Kobayashi-san may be thinking about meetup. I will ask him.
12:46:44 <iwamatsu`> pave1: That’s a shame.
12:47:03 <iwamatsu`> anyone anything else for today?
12:47:09 <iwamatsu`> 3
12:47:12 <iwamatsu`> 2
12:47:15 <iwamatsu`> 1
12:47:26 <iwamatsu`> #endmeeting