13:02:52 <jki> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
13:02:52 <collab-meetbot`> Meeting started Thu Jan  5 13:02:52 2023 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is jki. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:02:52 <collab-meetbot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:02:52 <collab-meetbot`> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
13:02:59 <jki> #topic AI review
13:03:07 <jki> 1. Add qemu-riscv to cip-kernel-config - patersonc
13:03:28 <patersonc[m]> No updates!
13:04:08 <jki> is this blocking anywhere? there was some discussion last year
13:05:03 <patersonc[m]> Probably blocking CIP supporting risc-v...
13:05:54 <jki> I think we should be fine by someone sending an MR for the defconfig
13:06:02 <jki> I could do that as well if it helps
13:06:16 <patersonc[m]> Thanks
13:06:42 <jki> other AIs?
13:07:11 <jki> 3
13:07:13 <jki> 2
13:07:15 <jki> 1
13:07:18 <jki> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
13:07:33 <uli> i reviewed/backported patches from 4.9 to 4.4 that have piled up over the holidays
13:08:02 <masami> This week reported 3 new CVEs and 6 updated CVEs. There is no critical CVEs.
13:11:10 <jki> seems also CVEs were on vacation
13:11:15 <jki> anything else?
13:12:20 <masami> that's all from me
13:13:13 <jki> then move on in...
13:13:16 <jki> 3
13:13:17 <jki> 2
13:13:20 <jki> 1
13:13:22 <jki> #topic Kernel release status
13:13:29 <jki> - 4.4
13:13:55 <uli> didn't find anything of concern in the new patches, so we're on track
13:14:32 <jki> shouldn't we have a release due right now, for regular 4.4?
13:15:03 <uli> pavel told me he didn't get around to do any work on 4.4 over the holidays
13:15:29 <uli> except for the new backports, it still needs to be tested and reviewed
13:15:36 <jki> uli: would you take over now?
13:16:16 <uli> pretty much. i still need to consult pavel about a few things.
13:17:45 <jki> ok, then please sync once he's back so that we aren't delayed too much
13:17:54 <uli> will do
13:17:54 <jki> last release was end of November
13:17:57 <jki> TIA
13:18:02 <jki> - 4.19
13:19:12 <jki> regular ones look fine to me, schedule-wise
13:19:45 <jki> -rt also
13:20:01 <jki> - 5.10
13:20:55 <jki> also everything on track reguarding the schedule
13:21:17 <jki> does anyone have any additional information on this topic?
13:22:07 <jki> 3
13:22:09 <jki> 2
13:22:10 <jki> 1
13:22:12 <jki> #topic Kernel testing
13:22:30 <jki> (riscv defconfig MR is out)
13:23:04 <patersonc[m]> I've not got any updates from the holidays, although one plus is that the LAVA servers all managed to stay up over xmas :)
13:23:35 <alicef> no update from me either
13:23:54 <jki> why should they fail when too few people would miss them? ;)
13:23:58 <jki> good
13:24:12 <jki> anything else on testing?
13:24:35 <jki> 3
13:24:37 <jki> 2
13:24:39 <jki> 1
13:24:42 <jki> #topic AOB
13:25:31 <jki> anything, anyone?
13:26:16 <patersonc[m]> Is everyone okay with this timeslot?
13:26:19 <patersonc[m]> Sorry for requesting the move
13:26:37 <patersonc[m]> I'm happy with it being earlier in the day if that's easier for those in the east
13:27:02 <jki> at least I heard no concerns
13:27:23 <jki> moving earlier would exclude potential US-East participants
13:27:29 <jki> which we don't have ATM
13:28:05 <patersonc[m]> okay
13:29:09 <jki> we can also check again next week when more folks are back
13:29:20 <patersonc[m]> Sure
13:29:29 <alicef> 10:00~11:00 11:00~12:00 UTC time is conflicting with kernelci meetings
13:30:23 <alicef> other than that time slots I'm ok
13:30:24 <patersonc[m]> Okay, perhaps better at this time then
13:30:28 <patersonc[m]> Different topic: Has anyone heard from Greg about LTS 6.1?
13:30:48 <alicef> 12:00 UTC is ok for me, one hour before
13:31:01 <jki> I didn't see anything, but I only check kernel.org/releases
13:31:04 <alicef> or before 10UTC
13:33:45 <jki> anything else?
13:34:37 <jki> 3
13:34:39 <jki> 2
13:34:41 <jki> 1
13:34:44 <jki> #endmeeting