14:00:08 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project
14:00:08 <collab-meetbot> Meeting started Wed Mar 31 14:00:08 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:08 <collab-meetbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00:08 <collab-meetbot> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project'
14:00:16 <dwallacelf> #info Dave Wallace
14:00:48 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
14:00:54 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
14:02:32 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
14:02:42 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VPP
14:02:47 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, no updates
14:02:55 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VSAP, Dave
14:03:21 <mackonstan> #info Not much new, the current patch is being reworked by VSAP project
14:03:35 <mackonstan> #info Dave shepherding, Peter, Vratko commenting
14:03:48 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from TSC
14:04:13 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, nothing important discussed in the last meeting, thin attendance
14:04:27 <mackonstan> #topic Releases - CSIT-2106
14:05:34 <mackonstan> #info Need to update projected release content on the wiki page
14:05:43 <mackonstan> #link https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/csit2106_plan
14:06:58 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Andrew, Vratko, think what can be done to generate CSIT rls notes similar to what's done for VPP … :)
14:07:26 <mackonstan> #topic Releases - CSIT-2101
14:09:14 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, analysed async crypto tests with fat tunnels, core resource allocation is incorrect, requires rework
14:11:50 <mackonstan> #info Need to decide on the best way forward, start with email summary
14:12:52 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
14:18:10 <mackonstan> #info FD.io DC move in Mar 2021, MTL1: all on the call agreed to go ahead with stage-2 MTL1 move as per this reference:
14:18:34 <mackonstan> #link https://git.fd.io/csit/tree/docs/lab/fdio-dc-inventory-vexxhost.md
14:20:01 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Will propose as soon as next week (after the Easter break) to go ahead with stage-2, with close coordination via slack as per stage-1
14:21:04 <mackonstan> #info BTW - per Vanessa's email, FDIO Maintenance - 2021-03-31 1700 UTC to 2200 UTC
14:22:28 <mackonstan> #topic TG server platform - recommendations
14:22:38 <mackonstan> #link https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/csit_tg_servers
14:23:21 <mackonstan> #info Vratko +1, Dave +1
14:24:39 <mackonstan> #info Peter - shall add NIC models, and port usage to get the link rate, will add to wiki
14:27:05 <mackonstan> #info Juraj +1, Tibor +1, Tomas +1, Andrew +1
14:27:30 <mackonstan> #info Maciek will be looking to point TSC to this wiki page (once updated) tomorrow
14:27:46 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
14:29:18 <mackonstan> #info Dave, re intermittent vpp job failures, Ole provided a fix for the intermittent MAP test failures has been merged
14:34:11 <mackonstan> #info Dave, vpp_device tests failing with the same signature, matching the Intel DPDK/Firmware case we have open for some time now "Faulty VF initialization during DPDK startup when multiple DPDK instances use different VFs with the same PF"
14:43:29 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, options to move forward on this opened issues: a) get the fix for the DPDK VF issue, b) ignore DPDK (do not test) and instead use AVF exclusively, c) serialise the tests/jobs making jjb verify taking long / hrs, d) make vpp_device not voting but this will be value subtracted
14:45:29 <vrpolak> The c) option is harder than it looks. We have multiple branches, and for the same branch vpp-csit verify job can be concurrent with csit-vpp verify job (and the two csit periodic device jobs).
14:47:01 <mackonstan> #info Dave, another issue, intermittently broken access to gerrit, from MTL1 Nomad servers, case open with vexxhost
14:48:49 <mackonstan> #info CORRECTION: Dave, another issue, intermittently broken access to gerrit, from YUL1 Nomad servers, case open with vexxhost
14:50:38 <mackonstan> #info All agreed to make the last listed issue a blocker for stage-2 move
14:50:45 <mackonstan> #topic Environment, Framework
14:53:22 <mackonstan> #info Migration to Ubuntu 20.04, TRex v2.88 => Work completed - Kudos to the team - Peter, Dave, Andrew !
14:58:48 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, after this patch (31678 : stats: python vpp_stats rewrite to access stat segment directly | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/31678) CSIT tests got broken, discussed with Ole, resulted in patches on VPP and CSIT sides fixing the issue, see Vratko's comment to 31678.
14:59:43 <mackonstan> #topic Performance Tests
15:00:36 <mackonstan> #info Peter, LXC and DRC tests are fixed, so are the dnv ones that were failing.
15:01:13 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, scale tests that were failing due to the 31678 are now fixed per above comment.
15:02:53 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, QAT IPsec tests continue to fail due to this VPP patch (31443 : dpdk: deprecate ipsec backend | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/31443); Fan confirmed he will be fixing this
15:03:18 <mackonstan> #topic FD.io intern project
15:03:30 <mackonstan> #link https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/Mentorship+Projects
15:03:32 <mackonstan> #endmeeting