15:03:36 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meetigns
15:03:36 <collab-meetbot> Meeting started Wed Jan 27 15:03:36 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:03:36 <collab-meetbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:03:36 <collab-meetbot> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meetigns'
15:03:38 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
15:03:42 <mackonstan> #chair
15:03:42 <collab-meetbot> Current chairs: mackonstan
15:03:46 <dwallacelf> #info Dave Wallace
15:04:01 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
15:04:13 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
15:04:43 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VPP
15:05:10 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, v20.01 releasing today, so far so good.
15:05:24 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, v21.01 releasing today, so far so good.
15:05:47 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VSAP
15:08:54 <mackonstan> #info Dave, update from Florin, VSAP project is moving to better integration for VPP and NGINX.
15:09:48 <vrpolak> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/30944  <-- latest VSAP movement in CSIT, still marked as Work In Progress.
15:11:01 <mackonstan> #info Dave, Florin, to track progress on VSAP and provide readout to CSIT meeting
15:11:25 <mackonstan> #topic Releases - CSIT-2101
15:12:36 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, ready to take vpp v21.01 artefacts to start testing for report
15:13:03 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, almost all v20.09 tested in the current env. are completed (couple are in progress)
15:13:09 <vrpolak> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/30278 (NAT44ed: Add pure throuhput bidir tests) <-- still waiting for review.
15:13:26 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, if all goes well, first rls data can be published on Monday
15:14:37 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, updated report TODO list sent to csit-dev, mainly static content: new tx2 testbed, methodology sections, rls_notes
15:17:04 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, late arrival tests to make their way into job_specs: ip4-rnd, ip6-rnd, …
15:19:07 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, re RCAs, looking at dry run results, only nat44ed udp cps results fluctuating … investigating that
15:20:05 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, on a side, some more anomalies and "action" going on in master trending, to be investigated …
15:22:35 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, two late test arrivals: i) nat44ed throughput, ii) async crypto
15:24:02 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re async crypto, reviewed live with the authors, they accepted redesign proposal and implementing
15:25:19 <mackonstan> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/30039
15:26:20 <dwallacelf> #info docker garbage collection run manually yesterday (sudo docker system purge -af) -- will add a periodic cron job to do this for all nomad hosts
15:27:41 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re DC move, no new info from Vexxhost, awaiting updates
15:31:19 <pmikus> #info CI-MAN forked by LF after broken upgrade.
15:34:12 <pmikus> #info New Jenkins executors Centos 8 ready for ARM, Ubuntu 20.04 ARM in progress (to convert make test)
15:34:45 <pmikus> #info No strategy yet for Centos deprecating
15:35:49 <pmikus> #info Juraj tried Centos8 on ARM on sandbox. so far so good but little bit slower
15:42:33 <pmikus> #info VPP-device back in blue ball strike. Issue with OOM fixed. Lesson learned
15:50:44 <pmikus> #info Intel x710 issue vpp_device ...need to send gentle remainders
15:52:09 <pmikus> #info TWS call on Friday was about monitoring - productizing in progress
15:53:24 <pmikus> #info Moving Ubuntu 18.04 to Ubuntu 20.04, to be done in stages eg. 1) Container images, 2) Perf, 3) backend infra (nomad). Each stage requires evaluation of new issues arrived
15:54:22 <pmikus> #info Optimization  of PAPI socket - postponed
15:54:37 <pmikus> #info GPL - so far solved by new tox jobs, no new activity
15:54:56 <pmikus> #info Latency graph being updated based on feedback.
15:55:22 <pmikus> #chair
15:55:31 <pmikus> #chair Peter Mikus
15:55:41 <pmikus> #endmeeting
16:01:59 <mackonstan> #endmeeting