15:02:58 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meeting
15:02:58 <collab-meetbot> Meeting started Wed Feb 10 15:02:58 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:02:58 <collab-meetbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:02:58 <collab-meetbot> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
15:03:00 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
15:03:01 <jlinkes> #info Juraj LinkeŇ°
15:03:04 <dwallacelf> #info Dave Wallace
15:03:07 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
15:03:13 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
15:03:43 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, base freq vs turbo freq performance testing
15:04:30 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from VPP
15:06:52 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, onboarding vpp make test multi-worker in progress, increasing load on nomad clients
15:07:35 <mackonstan> #info Dave, v20.09.01 maintenance referred till after DC move
15:07:57 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from TSC
15:08:47 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, ongoing discussions about Scapy induced GPL re-licensing for VPP make test
15:09:02 <mackonstan> #topic Releases CSIT-2101
15:10:25 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, testing wise, almost all runs are finished. But MLX cx556a got excluded by mistake. All 10 runs should be completed by this Friday.
15:11:20 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, coverage tests, some are still ongoing, should be done by this Friday. the long pole is 2n-tsh, will take until next week.
15:12:17 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, report static content, open patch, methodology on randomized ip scale tests by Vratko
15:12:19 <mackonstan> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/31165
15:14:05 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, another open patch by Juraj, rls notes, known issue, merging now
15:14:24 <mackonstan> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/31213
15:19:55 <mackonstan> #info Agreed to push the report publish to Friday
15:20:20 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
15:24:42 <mackonstan> #info FD.io DC move, ping to the new YUL1 expected this week
15:25:42 <mackonstan> #info Peter, would like to gracefully shut down all the machine in MTL2 before move (once YUL1 is up and running)
15:25:57 <mackonstan> #info Andrew .17 Arm server is down (Nomad)
15:29:37 <mackonstan> #info Peter, monitoring solution is working well, added Jenkins monitoring incl. the build queue, raising alarm if more than 10 execution fail in the row!
15:32:35 <mackonstan> #topic Environment, Framework
15:33:33 <mackonstan> #info Peter, working on updating pixi scripts, will be dry running ubuntu 20.04 on hsw testbed(s)
15:36:18 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, TRex has now a partial support for Intel E800 100GbE NICs, but quite a few caveats, evaluating impact on CSIT, collaborating with RayK on that, as contribution to Trex is from intel
15:36:35 <mackonstan> #topic Performance Tests
15:40:11 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, All performance tests are done with processor cores set to base frequency (re Arm, Juraj to check and re-confirm this is the case).
15:40:57 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, some vendors (AMD) are asking to test turbo frequency instead
15:44:57 <mackonstan> #info Challenges include: changing between base and turbo frequency without reboot, repeatability of tests
15:48:11 <mackonstan> #info AI: Need to come up with a scheme to address it: base frequency is here to stay, the question is to if, how and how often to run tests with turbo enabled?
15:52:33 <mackonstan> #endmeeting