14:01:22 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meeting
14:01:22 <collab-meetbot> Meeting started Wed Apr 14 14:01:22 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:01:22 <collab-meetbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01:22 <collab-meetbot> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
14:02:08 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
14:02:39 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
14:03:06 <jlinkes> #info Juraj Linkeš
14:03:12 <mackonstan> #topic VPP updates
14:04:08 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, Ole is preparing a patch with crc recalc for APIs, to discuss later in the call
14:05:11 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, long discussion about the source tree placement  for vpp make test, no consensus yet, discussion to continue on the next vpp call in 1 month
14:05:24 <mackonstan> #topic VSAP
14:07:44 <mackonstan> #info Dave, VSAP project patches arriving based on feedback
14:07:44 <mackonstan> #info Dave, developing tests for UDP on the back of existing TCP tests, for VPP hoststack, with iperf3
14:08:32 <mackonstan> #topic Releases 2106
14:10:00 <mackonstan> #topic Release 2101
14:10:19 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
14:12:51 <mackonstan> #info Dave, encountered Gerrit fetch failure yesterday, from .32.8 subnet, no signature pointing towards ingress issue
14:16:35 <mackonstan> #info Peter, MTL1 to YUL1 move, stage-2 server list provided to Vexxhost/Farid, Nomad servers are put out-of-prod, Farid found an inventory inconsistency fixing it now.
14:17:07 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, expecting from Vexxhost/ logical network diagram covering all http://fd.io/ subnets before and during/after move MTL1 > YUL1, with annotations where each of the segments live and if any traffic is expected to cross WAN (it shouldn’t)
14:17:26 <mackonstan> #info Agreed on a call that we are ready to go ahead with stage-2 move this week.
14:18:22 <mackonstan> #info Coordination of decisions and work thru a dedicated Vexxhost - CSIT slack channel owned by Vexxhost.
14:18:45 <mackonstan> #topic FD.io lab extension in 2021
14:19:51 <mackonstan> #info TG server recommendations provided to FD.io TSC
14:22:24 <mackonstan> #info Intel's Xeon Icelake announced last week, expecting Intel to donate some of new Xeon's to the lab for TGs and SUTs
14:22:46 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, will keep checking re new Arm perf testbeds e.g. based on Ampere/N1
14:23:05 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, to check with AMD if any new SUT HW expected to be donated in 2021 into FD.io labs
14:23:18 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
14:28:01 <mackonstan> #info Dave, finished cleanup of logging storage move from nexus to S3, for CSIT no longer archive directory
14:28:26 <mackonstan> #info Dave, unclear if the actual path to logs.fd.io/production/.. is going to change or not …
14:32:00 <mackonstan> #info Dave, also observe ccache mods per below patch
14:32:06 <mackonstan> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/ci-management/+/31914
14:33:00 <mackonstan> #topic Environment, Framework
14:36:16 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re addressing papi performance for CSIT scale tests, and email thread by Vratko been going on for a while, few months, no conclusion yet, will add this to the agenda and also drive focus consultation with vpp-dev to conclude here
14:39:47 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, api msg crc calc change patch, https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/30345 : vppapigen: remove flag day code, merge into VPP master planned for 21-Apr
14:39:55 <mackonstan> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/30345
14:40:21 <mackonstan> #info see https://jenkins.fd.io/job/vpp-csit-verify-api-crc-master-ubuntu2004-x86_64/482/ : FAILURE
14:41:33 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Andrew, Vratko to coordinate with Paul, Ole on the handling of the flad day to ensure smooth VPP and CSIT CI/CD transition
14:42:00 <mackonstan> #topic Performance Tests
14:43:05 <mackonstan> #info Tomas, trending failing tests incl. nat44ed multi-worker, ipsec qat tests, other issues got resolved
14:43:32 <mackonstan> #topic FD.io TSC Evolution update
14:48:24 <mackonstan> #info Maciek walks thru the TSC evolution
14:48:42 <mackonstan> #link https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kJ0uI3S6Ka5JdtFQh9XYwGq9fWRaQH4RHkzKf55TTgc/edit#slide=id.gca88b1a448_0_186
14:54:36 <mackonstan> #info Dave, checking the status of "Faulty VF initialization during DPDK startup when multiple DPDK instances use different VFs with the same PF", Maciek case open and with DPDK/Intel team per Intel case open
14:58:58 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, some make test changes to watch, 31950 : tests: cpus awareness, by Klement
14:59:05 <mackonstan> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/31950
14:59:26 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, this type of core allocation may be causing make test failures
14:59:51 <mackonstan> #endmeeting