14:01:38 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT project meeting
14:01:38 <collab-meetbot`> Meeting started Wed Jul 28 14:01:38 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:01:38 <collab-meetbot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01:38 <collab-meetbot`> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
14:02:10 <pmikus> #info Peter Mikus
14:02:31 <fan_zhang> #info Fan Zhang
14:02:39 <jlinkes> #info Juraj LinkeŇ°
14:02:57 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
14:04:15 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
14:04:24 <mackonstan> #chair
14:04:24 <collab-meetbot`> Current chairs: mackonstan
14:04:32 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
14:04:44 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VPP
14:05:23 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VSAP
14:05:34 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - TSC
14:05:47 <mackonstan> #info Peter as a new committer for ci-managment
14:06:45 <mackonstan> #info A new fdio wide mailer created for committers to coordinate election process for FD.io TSC
14:07:22 <mackonstan> #topic New tests
14:10:02 <mackonstan> #info func: flow "offload" patch - Peter, support for multiple nics needs to be added to vpp_device (FVL NICs only today), to support CVL.
14:18:10 <mackonstan> #info func: Vratko, Peter - should follow approach used for perf tests, use suite generator to cover multiple NICs, and job_specs for which tests to run.
14:20:23 <mackonstan> perf: flow "offload" patch - Fan, work in progress
14:20:51 <mackonstan> #info perf: flow "offload" patch - Fan, work in progress
14:21:18 <mackonstan> #info IPsec SPD flow cache patches, Juraj, 1 patch merged, 2 other are waiting for VPP patches to merge first.
14:21:50 <mackonstan> #topic Releases - CSIT-2110
14:22:10 <mackonstan> #link https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/csit2110_plan
14:22:53 <mackonstan> #topic Releases CSIT-2106
14:23:30 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, re-run iterative tests after the latency fix, results in report master
14:24:10 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, also finished iterative af_xdp tests and all remaining coverage tests, results in report master
14:25:47 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, All pls review the latest measurement data in latest master, especially latency and af_xdp, so that report can be pushed into CSIT-2106 site.
14:37:52 <mackonstan> #info Peter, Fan, Maciek - looks like the new latency measurements are better but still O(100usec) vs before the TRex and DPDK upgraded O(10usec). Start email thread, incl. TRex team to get to the bottom of this.
14:42:14 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Tibor - will publish all new measurement data but latency. Will add rls note about ongoing issue with TRex based latency measurements;
14:44:59 <mackonstan> #topic Releases - Maintenance CSIT-2101.1
14:45:41 <mackonstan> #info wait with those tests until trex latency issue resolution, as they will be also affected
14:46:03 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
14:47:17 <mackonstan> #info Peter, 3n-hsw decomissioning, 5 machines removed from the rack, 4 left (1of6 tasks done per vexxhost tickets). Now waiting for next tasks to be completed by Vexxhost onsite team.
14:49:16 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, order should have been placed, ETA is TBC.
14:50:25 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, arm team is actively working to provide a new Ampere Ultra server. There is a question of which NICs to equip it with.
14:54:04 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, the new Xeon Icelake based TGs are equipped with the following NICs:
14:54:12 <mackonstan> #info NIC1  Fortville Dual Port PCIe v3.0 (8.0 GT/s) 25GbE SFP+ Full Height XXV710, qty 1 per server
14:54:17 <mackonstan> #info NIC2  Columbiaville Quad Port PCIe v4.0 (16 GT/s x 16 lanes) 25GbE Ethernet SFP28 Intel E810XXVDA4 E810-XXVDA4, qty 1 per server
14:54:22 <mackonstan> #info NIC3  Columbiaville Dual Port PCIe v4.0 (16 GT/s ,  2x8 lanes) 100GbE Ethernet E810-2CQDA2 (Chapman Beach), qty 1 per each server
14:55:58 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
14:58:03 <mackonstan> #info Peter, observed some JNLP resets over the last weekend, but all clear since Monday. Brought it up on vexxhost slack channel, but no acknowledgement of any RCAs. Likely due to some DC maintenance activity over the weekend.
14:58:44 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, Oper branches: More verification or remove?, still on TODO list
15:00:57 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, Scale tests: finding alternative to deprecated VAT, still on TODO list.
15:03:47 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Viliam: csit-report emails - errors markup, idea is to add indexed error information to failure report emails to streamline RCAs; pls review this patch: 32898: report: indexed error message added to report emails | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/32898
15:03:52 <mackonstan> #endmeeting