13:58:33 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meeting
13:58:33 <collab-meetbot`> Meeting started Wed Aug  4 13:58:33 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:58:33 <collab-meetbot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:58:33 <collab-meetbot`> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
14:01:44 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
14:01:55 <pmikus> #info Peter Mikus
14:01:59 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
14:02:25 <mackonstan> #chair
14:02:25 <collab-meetbot`> Current chairs: mackonstan
14:02:54 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
14:03:07 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VPP
14:03:19 <jlinkes> #info Juraj LinkeŇ°
14:03:24 <mackonstan> #info Dave, nothing new.
14:03:35 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - TSC
14:04:51 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, re committers at large, new mailer created, some commiters' emails in info.yaml file are outdated
14:05:02 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, request sent for self-nominations to this mailer
14:05:41 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, links to calico-vpp webinar published
14:05:54 <vrpolak> #link https://fd.io/latest/webinars/calico_vpp/  <--  Past webinar with presentation and video.
14:05:57 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VSAP
14:06:25 <mackonstan> #topic New tests
14:06:57 <mackonstan> #info re flow "offload" patch
14:07:42 <mackonstan> #info Fan, there are currently no performance tests
14:09:31 <mackonstan> #info Peter, working on enabling vpp-device testbed with CVL NICs: i) for physical install and cabling, the ticket is open with Vexxhost and progressing slowly; ii) CSIT code for enabling multiple NICs and interfaces is WIP, prototype is working.
14:20:26 <fan_zhang> #info Fan Zhang
14:20:29 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Fan, Peter, depending on the type of per flow functionality offloaded to the NIC we should think about use cases to test performance for e.g. sticky return flows for IPsec and/or NAT
14:20:48 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, no updates re IPsec SPD flow cache patches
14:21:51 <mackonstan> #topic Releases CSIT-2110
14:22:02 <mackonstan> #link https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/csit2110_plan
14:22:15 <mackonstan> #topic Releases CSIT-2106
14:22:47 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, iterative tests for latency retest are done, except of 2n-clx due to mlx test failures and jenkins failures
14:23:38 <mackonstan> #info Peter, investigating mlx test failures
14:25:02 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, re jenkins errors, jnlp connection errors, similar to what observed, jenkins going into maintenance
14:25:41 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, added latency comparison tables to master draft version
14:28:11 <mackonstan> #link https://docs.fd.io/csit/master/report/_static/vpp/latency-changes-2n-skx-xxv710-2t1c-pdr50-d1-avg.txt
14:29:42 <mackonstan> #topic Releases Maintenance CSIT-2101.1
14:30:06 <mackonstan> #info waiting being out of 21.06 completely and stable jenkins infra
14:33:23 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
14:34:09 <mackonstan> #info Peter, hsw decommissioning and repurpose, going well, Vexxhost assisting
14:34:45 <mackonstan> #info Peter, old sandybridge build servers are to be decommissioned, all handled by Vexxhost tickets
14:35:37 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
14:38:24 <mackonstan> #info Dave, will be working with Vanessa and vexxhost to verify the situation with jnlp and network timeouts
14:38:57 <mackonstan> #info Dave, will be working with Vanessa and vexxhost to schedule jenkins and ingress VMs move to YUl1 DC location.
14:41:18 <mackonstan> #info Peter, migration to S3, patches are in ci-management, ready for final review and merge
14:44:07 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, re Oper branches: More verification or remove?, would like to discuss it once out of 2106
14:45:07 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, re build-failure-analyzer Jenkins plugin, would like to use jcasc configuration for this
14:45:26 <mackonstan> #topic Environment, Framework
14:58:06 <mackonstan> #info re track and review Intel driver FW compatiblity matrix, Fan, Dave, Peter, Maciek, discussion about the formal process to track this across the upgrades, driven by DPDK
14:58:29 <mackonstan> #info every DPDK ver bump in VPP will have to be accompanied by the process of updating the drivers and firmwares on SUT
14:59:27 <mackonstan> #info IOW vpp patch with new DPDK version will have to perf tested in CSIT sandbox testbed with associated updated drivers and firmwares
14:59:30 <dwallacelf> #info Dave Wallace
14:59:56 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, re scale tests, working on the solution
15:01:44 <mackonstan> #info Viliam, re errors markup in csit-report emails, all comments addressed, ready for final reviews
15:02:21 <mackonstan> #endmeeting