14:02:11 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meeting
14:02:11 <collab-meetbot`> Meeting started Wed Aug 11 14:02:11 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:02:11 <collab-meetbot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:02:11 <collab-meetbot`> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
14:02:16 <dwallacelf> #info Dave Wallace
14:02:16 <fan_zhang> #info Fan Zhang
14:02:21 <pmikus> #info Peter Mikus
14:02:23 <mackonstan> #info mackonstan
14:02:24 <mackonstan> #chair
14:02:24 <collab-meetbot`> Current chairs: mackonstan
14:02:27 <vrpolak> #info Vratko polak.
14:02:43 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
14:02:51 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
14:03:09 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VPP
14:03:43 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, no updates.
14:03:57 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VSAP
14:04:03 <mackonstan> #info Dave, no updates.
14:04:08 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - TSC
14:04:52 <mackonstan> #info See emails about committer-at-large self-nomination email thread.
14:05:49 <mackonstan> #info Dave, Ray and Dave, re Scapy related relicensing, going thru the process, tracking people for OK'ing updated copyright notices.
14:06:11 <mackonstan> #topic New and refactor tests
14:09:01 <mackonstan> #info Peter, re flow "offload" patch, NICs installed, but hitting some glitches. E810 NIC models installed are different, one of them has 1p100GE, instead of required 2p100GE. Vexxhost ticket open. The patch to enable multi-NIC support is in test.
14:10:16 <mackonstan> #info Fan, re flow "offload" patch, perf tests, Yulong back next week, will start working on it.
14:11:38 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, IPsec SPD flow cache, 1st patch merged, need to work out additions to job specs. The other 2 patches are waiting for VPP code.
14:12:11 <mackonstan> #info Peter, re TRex b2b loopback calibration tests, progressing nicely, should be ready for review & merge soon.
14:16:35 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, re L2 and IP scale tests, going ahead with individual VAT exec calls as a the fastest way to get the tests going. Ole is working on a VPP side to improve serialisation of PAPI.
14:20:19 <mackonstan> #topic Release CSIT-2110
14:20:43 <mackonstan> #topic Release CSIT-2106
14:21:47 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, pushed the maintenance report version, incl. updated latency graphs (with FVL firmware fix), latency comparison tables, and previously missing test results (mainly Arm), updated rls notes based Vratko's RCA analysis.
14:22:02 <jlinkes> I have a water related emergy at home, can't come
14:27:17 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, re RCAs, 4 issues total, only 1 VPP issue, related to nat44ed CPS regression. Remaining 3 issues are CSIT env related: DUT Ubuntu 20.04 change related (1. 10-20% performance degradation for MLX, 2. hard limit of 38 Mpps aggregate throughput for DUT (both for VPP, DPDK apps) ), 3. rxq configuration related affecting tests with small
14:27:18 <mackonstan> number of flows due to unequal division of work across workers, 4. ipsec async scheduler tests..
14:33:30 <mackonstan> #info Fan, already have a WIP change for VPP, but not fixing the issue.
14:34:40 <mackonstan> hi Juraj, np, hope all works out for you.
14:35:11 <mackonstan> #topic CSIT-2101.1 maintenance
14:36:04 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, Dave, already started the tests. Skeleton of the report already prepared.
14:36:56 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, only running iterative tests.
14:37:03 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
14:38:30 <mackonstan> #info Peter, old hw got decommissioned.
14:39:52 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
14:40:50 <mackonstan> #info Dave, vinfra stable
14:41:39 <mackonstan> #info Dave, 08-Sep date set for relocating Internet-ingress, Jenkins-master from MTL-1 to our new location YUL-1.
14:45:11 <mackonstan> #info DAve, Peter, migration to S3 progressing. External dependency on LF tools.
14:47:33 <mackonstan> #info Dave, re docs, unifying VPP docs generation.
14:48:21 <mackonstan> #info Peter, patch ready for csit docs in s3.
14:49:39 <mackonstan> #info Dave, open the ticket re build-failure-analyzer Jenkins plugin
14:49:40 <dwallacelf> #link https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/plugins/servlet/theme/portal/2/IT-22658
14:49:58 <mackonstan> #topic Environment, Framework
14:52:12 <mackonstan> #info re Intel driver FW compatiblity matrix, should use DPDK compatibility matrix for (dpdk,i40e,fw) as a main reference, but this leaves out the linux iavf driver.
14:54:58 <mackonstan> #info Fan, Dave, Maciek, Peter, agreed for Intel team to confirm fw compatiblity with iavf driver on the ongoing basis.
14:56:15 <mackonstan> #info Viliam, re csit-report emails - errors markup, change merged, should see in report emails as of tomorrow
14:57:43 <mackonstan> #endmeeting