14:02:25 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meeting
14:02:25 <collab-meetbot> Meeting started Wed Sep 22 14:02:25 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:02:25 <collab-meetbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:02:25 <collab-meetbot> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
14:02:31 <mackonstan> #info mackonstan
14:02:32 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
14:02:35 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
14:02:35 <pmikus> #info Peter Mikus
14:02:41 <dwallacelf> #info Dave Wallace
14:02:51 <fan_zhang> #info Fan Zhang
14:03:26 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
14:03:41 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects VPP
14:03:57 <mackonstan> #info Andrew: rc1 postponed by 24hrs due to infra issues
14:04:52 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects VSAP
14:04:57 <mackonstan> #info no update
14:05:01 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects
14:06:49 <mackonstan> #info TSC - 2022 budget discussion, more detail later
14:06:57 <mackonstan> #topic E810 flow "offload" patch
14:07:45 <mackonstan> #info functional device tests: onboarding, Fan hitting issues with rxq configurations, Peter assisting with FW upgrades and such
14:08:50 <mackonstan> #info perf: work-in-progress, Fa, delayed as need to get functonal device tests working first.
14:09:19 <mackonstan> #topic IPsec SPD flow cache patches
14:09:36 <mackonstan> #info Vratko: no progress, waiting for VPP code
14:09:52 <mackonstan> #topic TRex b2b loopback calibration tests
14:13:01 <mackonstan> #info Viliam: tests merged, now onboarding onto jenkins and into trending
14:14:16 <mackonstan> #topic IP scale tests
14:19:45 <mackonstan> #info Vratko: ip4, ip6 scale tests are back now with exec CLI instead of VAT (VAT cmds removed from VPP); but tests are taking longer making daily tests lasting >> 12hrs fixing that by removing some scale tests from job_specs; next step is move to VAT2; introducing /30 ip4 tests
14:20:19 <mackonstan> #topic Releases
14:21:27 <mackonstan> #info CSIT-2110 - Tibor: waiting for vpp rc1 before pulling the csit branch, jenkins jobs prepared
14:24:32 <mackonstan> #info rls2009_lts - jobs are broken anyways, no point cherrypicking/fixing, removing the jobs.
14:26:12 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
14:29:08 <mackonstan> #info Maciek: Trishan summary
14:29:32 <mackonstan> #info 1. AWS Performance Testing: Provide CSIT with increased testing capabilities to execute test suite against AWS Cloud server configurations and report results, significantly increasing the testing profile of the lab, without investing in physical hardware. Request for budget to execute tests in AWS ~12k/year.
14:29:43 <mackonstan> #info 2. Build machines: faster Arm, as current VPP build takes 1hr on Arm, vs sub-20min on x86.
14:29:56 <mackonstan> #info 3. Performance testbeds: testbeds with i) fast Arm servers (promised in the past, but still not confirmed; ii) low power x86/Atom/SnowRidge servers as suggested by Matthew Smith; iii) new Intel Xeon SapphireRapids SuperMicro servers that are confirmed to ship in CY2022. Plus Xeon servers for TG/TRex per FD.io lab funding agreement.
14:30:23 <mackonstan> #info 4. Replace software Router: Invest in physical router/switch in DC. Virtual router currently used to manage subnets, identified as the root cause of several underlying issues.
14:30:42 <mackonstan> #info 5. Testing Data Analytics: Request for servers and/or AWS services to process testing data for report generation. Cisco provided existing data backend servers in lab.
14:31:00 <mackonstan> #info 6. Continue rack allocation, with 6th rack allocation, as originally requested and approved in 2019.
14:32:16 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
14:40:10 <mackonstan> #info Dave: debrief about the recent infra instability; despite the move to YUL1 location, looks like Jenkins is configured to use the public address for some transmission paths, making Nomad clusters still using wireguard tunnels between sites; working with Vexxhost and Vanessa, got full attention on it now; however it is unclear what part of the configuration is the culprit; need to monitor for few days, if instability reappears
14:40:10 <mackonstan> we will have to escalate.
14:58:57 <tifrank> #endmeeting
14:59:03 <tifrank> #chair
14:59:07 <tifrank> #endmeeting
15:00:11 <mackonstan> #chair tifrank
15:00:11 <collab-meetbot> Warning: Nick not in channel: tifrank
15:00:11 <collab-meetbot> Current chairs: mackonstan tifrank
15:01:03 <tifrank> #endmeeting