14:01:33 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meeting
14:01:33 <collab-meetbot> Meeting started Wed Sep 29 14:01:33 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:01:33 <collab-meetbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01:33 <collab-meetbot> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
14:03:25 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
14:06:33 <dwallacelf> #info Dave Wallace
14:06:42 <fan_zhang> #info Fan Zhang
14:07:17 <pmikus> #info Peter Mikus
14:07:31 <mackonstan> #info mackonstan
14:07:34 <mackonstan> #chair
14:07:34 <collab-meetbot> Current chairs: mackonstan
14:07:37 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
14:08:06 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
14:08:16 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VPP
14:08:24 <mackonstan> #info rc1 branch pulled, on schedule
14:08:33 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VSAP
14:08:43 <mackonstan> #info Dave, no updates
14:08:50 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - TSC
14:11:15 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, vendor funding agreement for fd.io lab got voted in, Ray raising a point about adding more TSC members, noting Arm
14:11:37 <mackonstan> #topic New tests, refactored tests
14:12:42 <mackonstan> #info Fan, E810 flow "offload" vpp device tests, working with 4 rxq (didn't work with 8 rxq), unclear why it didn't work with 8 rxq.
14:15:54 <jlinkes> #info Juraj Linkeš
14:16:14 <mackonstan> #info Fan, looking to have both dpdk and avf drivers, for the same test, ~23 tests, adding ~5 min to job execution time
14:18:01 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, re SPD flow cache patches, no update, found some inconsistencies of how the inbound and outbound rules are applied, confirmed with Neale, and now looking to submit a VPP patch to adjust/correct this
14:19:00 <mackonstan> #info Viliam, TRex b2b loopback tests, all complted and merged now
14:19:11 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, adding to weekly jobs execution and trending
14:21:13 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, IP scale tests, spent considerable amount of time of trying to use VAT2, in vain, VAT2 is broken, so sticking to CLI. Notified Ole about VAT2 issues.
14:24:20 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, note that IPsec 60k tunnel scale tests with VAT + exec are also failing due to the overall timeout …
14:27:35 <mackonstan> #topic Releases CSIT-2110
14:29:24 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, no major issues, few glitches, started rc1 tests, started dpdk and vpp 2106 retest after TG servers FVL fw update by Peter; first results expected Monday
14:30:45 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
14:32:26 <mackonstan> #info Peter, finishing the upgrade of FVL firmwares and drivers on all TG servers, one NIC down tb24 awaiting Vexxhost onsite assistance to swap.
14:33:31 <mackonstan> #info Peter, implemented 1GB hugepages, with selector of 2MB vs 1GB hugepages in vpp startup.conf
14:39:20 <mackonstan> #info Peter, Maciek, Vratko, agreed to move ASAP/now ahead with FVL firmware and driver upgrades for SUTs for x86.
14:40:14 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, trying it also on Arm testbeds
14:41:25 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, missing ICX supermicro hw is not expected in the lab until mid November
14:41:36 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
14:43:05 <mackonstan> #info Dave, post mortem of last week outage completed, was due to routing misconfiguration and FD.io traffic using inter-site wireguard tunnel
14:43:13 <mackonstan> #info Dave, no issues since then
14:44:03 <mackonstan> #info Peter, Tibor, s3 content types and rendering fixed for read-the-docs
14:47:26 <vrpolak> #info 33690: Docs: Discussion on oper branches | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/33690
14:47:33 <mackonstan> #info Peter, Dave, gerrit links to s3 logs was fixed by Vanessa, but not entirely, url is still not resolving, Peter to follow up with Vanessa
14:48:57 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, patch with proposal about "refreshed" operational branches is updated now based on comments, 33690: Docs: Discussion on oper branches | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/33690
14:49:04 <mackonstan> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/33690
14:57:15 <mackonstan> #info discussion about the merit of the proposal vs existing operational model
14:58:11 <mackonstan> #topic Environment, Framework
14:58:20 <mackonstan> #topic Trending
14:58:36 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, few tests keep failing, mainly high scale nat44ed tests
14:58:57 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, VPP AVF RSS fix is in place, results are visible in trending
15:00:55 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, Maciek, should review small scale ipsec tests e.g. replace 4 tunnel tests with 40 tunnels …
15:01:09 <mackonstan> #endmeeting