15:04:59 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meeting
15:04:59 <collab-meetbot> Meeting started Wed Dec 15 15:04:59 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:04:59 <collab-meetbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:04:59 <collab-meetbot> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
15:05:06 <mackonstan> #chair
15:05:06 <collab-meetbot> Current chairs: mackonstan
15:05:14 <dwallacelf> #info Dave Wallace
15:05:15 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
15:05:16 <viliamluc> #info viliamluc
15:05:17 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
15:05:53 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VPP
15:06:18 <vrpolak> #info wiki.fd.io does not allow me to log in, so no page editing for me neither.
15:06:38 <mackonstan> #info too bad, it doesn't work for me either
15:07:07 <mackonstan> #info Dave - vpp calls cadence and format updated, see thread on vpp-dev, worked a dream yesterday
15:07:55 <mackonstan> #info Dave - rdma bug fixed after v21.10.1 that didn't include rdma artefacts, will be spinning v21.10.2 rls in January with fixes for that
15:09:15 <mackonstan> #topic New or refactored tests
15:09:57 <mackonstan> #topic Releases CSIT-2202
15:11:29 <mackonstan> #topic Releases CSIT-2110
15:11:59 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, added data for 3n-icx, based on additional robot result files provided by Intel benchmarking team
15:12:08 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, available in master version
15:12:15 <fan_zhang> #info Fan Zhang
15:12:31 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, still need to update ICX bios details based on files provided by Intel team
15:13:29 <mackonstan> #topic New or refactored tests - E810 flow "offload" tests - perf
15:13:39 <mackonstan> #info Fan, targeting 2202 release
15:14:06 <mackonstan> #info Fan, take it back, not next release but the one after that, i.e. 2206
15:14:20 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
15:15:56 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re 5 x icx install, based on vexxhost slack channel, they are still being cabled, expecting power up in January
15:18:10 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, re Arm Ampere Altra x 2 build servers, single CPU socket each with 80 cores, 64GB RAM. To be shipped soon. There is a vexxhost ticket …
15:18:21 <jlinkes> #info https://secure.vexxhost.com/billing/viewticket.php?tid=CAI-776106&c=wjT5yEZs
15:18:26 <jlinkes> #link https://secure.vexxhost.com/billing/viewticket.php?tid=CAI-776106&c=wjT5yEZs
15:19:38 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, looks like they have shipped .. but we can't access the tickets
15:21:40 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, will send email about increasing the memory for the ampere build servers
15:23:36 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
15:23:47 <mackonstan> #info Dave, CI is running fine.
15:23:54 <dwallacelf> #link https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/browse/RELENG-2746
15:24:12 <mackonstan> #info Dave, nexus migration requirements tracking - see jira link above
15:29:01 <mackonstan> #topic Environment, Framework
15:29:20 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, can remove this topic "VPP API changes' tracking."
15:29:29 <mackonstan> #info no need to discuss it every week
15:29:38 <mackonstan> #topic Trending
15:30:05 <mackonstan> #info Viliam reporting - 3 open issues, per email in csit-report mailer
15:30:44 <mackonstan> #info 1) error: Not all DET44 sessions have been established: 4128767 != 4128768 => TODO: Vratko to do analysis.
15:31:28 <mackonstan> #info 2) error: no traffic forwarded, rca: hardcoded SPD inbound/outbound ranges with values derived from test inputs, test: Policy Aes256Gcm, TODO: Juraj FIX ready for review https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/34591
15:31:55 <mackonstan> #info 3) error: failed creating AVF interface, long known issue, BUG: https://jira.fd.io/browse/CSIT-1782
15:36:27 <mackonstan> #info 4) error: no traffic forwarded (IPSEC SWasync scheduler) => performance degradation ~10% down for small packets, for other pkts tested no perf change; Fan, perf degradation is expected
15:36:27 <vrpolak> #link 30386: crypto: encrypt/decrypt queues sw_scheduler | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/30386  <--  Fix candidate for scheduler behavior.
15:37:26 <mackonstan> #info Fan, explaining why there is a perf degradation
15:40:28 <mackonstan> #info Fan, Vratko, agreed it's ready for merging, so that we can collect the perf data over  the year-end period
16:01:56 <mackonstan> #endmeeting