15:00:02 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meeting
15:00:02 <collab-meetbot> Meeting started Wed Jan 12 15:00:02 2022 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00:02 <collab-meetbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:00:02 <collab-meetbot> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
15:00:30 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
15:01:22 <mackonstan> #info mackonstan
15:02:11 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
15:06:14 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
15:06:23 <mackonstan> #info HNY 2022 !
15:07:33 <mackonstan> #info Maciek: would like to discuss VPP MTU topic, following discussion on VPP call yesterday.
15:07:57 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects
15:08:28 <mackonstan> #info Andrew - VPP rc1 upcoming - 19-jan
15:09:42 <dwallacelf> #info Dave Wallace
15:10:10 <fan_zhang> #info Fan Zhang
15:10:38 <mackonstan> #topic New or refactored tests
15:11:06 <mackonstan> #info Fan: re flow perf tests, no progress, not started yet.
15:16:21 <mackonstan> #info Maciek: vpp-device flow tests kept failing after up'ing DPDK version
15:16:50 <mackonstan> #info some failures seem to be related to dpdk offload flag renaming
15:17:06 <mackonstan> #info patch-1: 34837: dpdk: new flags format | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/34837
15:17:15 <mackonstan> #info failed vpp-device tests
15:17:24 <mackonstan> #link https://jenkins.fd.io/job/vpp-csit-verify-device-master-ubuntu2004-x86_64-1n-skx/4522/
15:17:42 <mackonstan> #info robot log level trace:
15:17:44 <mackonstan> #link https://s3-logs.fd.io/vex-yul-rot-jenkins-1/vpp-csit-verify-device-master-ubuntu2004-x86_64-1n-skx/4522/log.html.gz#s1-s1-s1-s3-s12-t1-k2-k26-k5
15:17:57 <mackonstan> #info Error: "Verify flow mark failed"
15:18:06 <mackonstan> #info Traceback: "File "/w/workspace/vpp-csit-verify-device-master-ubuntu2004-x86_64-1n-skx/csit/resources/libraries/python/FlowUtil.py", line 576, in vpp_verify_flow_action"
15:18:38 <mackonstan> #info csit src code context
15:18:40 <mackonstan> #link https://git.fd.io/csit/tree/resources/libraries/python/FlowUtil.py#n576
15:19:37 <mackonstan> #topic Release - CSIT-2202
15:20:29 <mackonstan> #info csit-2202 rc1 milestone next week
15:20:32 <mackonstan> #link https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/csit2202_plan
15:21:13 <mackonstan> #info Fan: running late with dpdk 21.11 due to failed tests
15:24:56 <mackonstan> #info Fan: in addition to flow tests, vm vhost are also failing
15:26:13 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, Maciek: let's qualify and give it a push
15:29:21 <mackonstan> #info All on a CSIT call agree with the recommendation that the very very latest time to merge DPDK ver change is before RC1 milestone
15:29:50 <fan_zhang> #info Fan: Failed DPDK tests: 64B-0c-ethip4-ip4base-eth-2vhost-1vm-scapy and 64B-0c-ethip4-flow-ip4-gtpu-scapy
15:30:07 <mackonstan> #info Vratko it is important to have enough data points for progressions and regressions before rc2 - 3 weeks should be enough
15:31:52 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
15:32:45 <mackonstan> #info Maciek: 1n-tx2 vpp-device tests - Peter reporting as Juraj not here - it was enabled to run before shutdown, but went down again
15:34:56 <mackonstan> #info Peter: 1n-skx vpp-device, only one server is in production; the other one is "misbehaving", requires deep-dive investigation, likely issue with VF drivers/driver bugs e.g. see ticket VPP-1995 that's still open preventing us from touching / upgrading drivers
15:35:07 <vrpolak> #link 34705: dpdk: bump to DPDK v21.11 | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/34705
15:37:12 <vrpolak> #link The VM failure: https://s3-logs.fd.io/vex-yul-rot-jenkins-1/vpp-csit-verify-device-master-ubuntu2004-x86_64-1n-skx/4593/log.html.gz#s1-s1-s1-s13-s1-s1-t1-k2-k9-k6-k1
15:37:19 <mackonstan> #link https://jira.fd.io/browse/VPP-1995
15:38:03 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Fan kindly agreed to verify status with AVF vlan stripping driver issue per VPP-1995
15:39:03 <mackonstan> #info Maciek: add vpp-device tests get well plan as a standing topic
15:42:06 <mackonstan> #info Andrew would like to discuss integration of DPDK and VPP esp. when upgrading DPDK major version with major changes
15:45:25 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, Fan discussion if it's possible to absorb DPDK code more frequently, not per release. Stable tag, or else ? more of a vpp discussion
15:46:17 <mackonstan> #info re 5 icx servers onboarding - Peter: still waiting for a management switch to come online
15:46:21 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
15:46:33 <mackonstan> #info Dave: ci nomad working fine
15:46:53 <mackonstan> #info Dave: issue with merge jobs failing, waitign for replication to/from mirror
15:47:21 <mackonstan> #info Dave: still working on FD.io storage migration to S3, away from Nexus
15:47:46 <mackonstan> #info Dave: pls remove "Failure cause identification with build-failure-analyzer Jenkins plugin." from agenda
15:48:48 <mackonstan> #topic Trending
15:49:39 <mackonstan> #info Viliam: 3 new issues per email to csit-report on monday
15:50:29 <mackonstan> #info Viliam: issue 1) already fixed, 2) and 3) are to be t/shooting / inspected
15:51:26 <mackonstan> #link https://lists.fd.io/g/csit-report/message/5271
15:51:58 <mackonstan> #topic VPP MTU topic
15:59:36 <mackonstan> #info Maciek: discussed the MTU patch from Damjan, and failed vpp-device tests for l2 interface only. ip4 and ip6 tests work fine.
16:00:19 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, Maciek let's check the tests and see what MTU values are set using papi, and what VPP returns and what happens in vpp code and take from there
16:04:12 <mackonstan> #topic 2022 LFN Developer & Testing Forum
16:04:36 <mackonstan> #info CSIT talk tomorrow 1-2pm GMT, details in email sent yesterday to csit-dev and vpp-dev
16:05:01 <mackonstan> #link https://lists.fd.io/g/csit-dev/message/4456
16:05:04 <mackonstan> #endmeeting