15:03:46 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT project meeting
15:03:46 <collab-meetbot`> Meeting started Wed Jan 26 15:03:46 2022 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:03:46 <collab-meetbot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:03:46 <collab-meetbot`> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
15:04:15 <dwallacelf> #info Dave Wallace
15:04:20 <mackonstan> #info mackonstan
15:04:22 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
15:04:23 <mackonstan> #chair
15:04:23 <collab-meetbot`> Current chairs: mackonstan
15:04:30 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
15:05:02 <mackonstan> #chair mackonstan dwallacellf vrpolak tifrank viliamluc
15:05:02 <collab-meetbot`> Warning: Nick not in channel: mackonstan
15:05:02 <collab-meetbot`> Warning: Nick not in channel: dwallacellf
15:05:02 <collab-meetbot`> Warning: Nick not in channel: vrpolak
15:05:02 <collab-meetbot`> Warning: Nick not in channel: tifrank
15:05:02 <collab-meetbot`> Warning: Nick not in channel: viliamluc
15:05:02 <collab-meetbot`> Current chairs: dwallacellf mackonstan tifrank viliamluc vrpolak
15:05:24 <jlinkes> #info Juraj Linkeš
15:05:45 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
15:05:54 <mackonstan> #topic VPP update
15:06:48 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, 4 patches for wireguard and coverity fix(es) all going into v22.02 branch
15:07:17 <mackonstan> #topic TSC
15:07:39 <mackonstan> #info see email from Trishan about the TSC election, right now we are in TSC nomination phase
15:07:50 <fan_zhang> #info Fan Zhang
15:08:18 <mackonstan> #link https://wiki.fd.io/view/TSC/2022_Chair_election
15:08:56 <mackonstan> #topic New or (to be) refactored tests
15:11:27 <mackonstan> #info Fan, E810 flow "offload" tests - to update tests with new dpdk offload flags - working on it, will require change in dpdk-input node within vpp
15:12:08 <mackonstan> #info Fan, E810 flow "offload" tests - perf tests, expecting progress in two weeks (in a year of tiger! )
15:12:45 <mackonstan> #topic VPP RC1 hot patch(es) items
15:13:13 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, MTU and DPDK v21.11 patches / issues resolved
15:13:34 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, no RC1 hot patches
15:13:45 <mackonstan> #topic Release CSIT-2202
15:15:55 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, finished rc1 tests, all tests passing except: i) l3fwd with jumbo frames, ii) sporadic test failures with usual suspects: AVF multi-core.
15:16:59 <mackonstan> #info Fan, happy to help with l3fwd issue. Tibor will send pointer(s) to the RF logs.
15:17:32 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, draft report in master with first rc1 data, except dnv and icx
15:18:07 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
15:18:58 <mackonstan> #info Peter, ICX install progressing, working thru the issue
15:20:14 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, Ampere Altra build servers got shipped, 2 of them, expected to arrive to the site today
15:20:42 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, performance servers shipment is expected mid February
15:25:07 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, re build servers, have 64GB RAM, but need more, for a total of 256G is needed, 16 x 16 GB RAM sticks in total
15:25:34 <mackonstan> #info Dave, Juraj, will follow up, calculate, with run by TSC tomorrow
15:26:49 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, for Ampere Altra perf there is a problem of getting MLX NICs
15:31:40 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, Peter, Maciek, work on closing the loop on perf 3n-alt (3 node ampere altra configuration) spec including NICs and cables, and TRex config needed
15:34:50 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, Dave, will work on getting ampere altra servers racked next week - guiding vexxhost team thru slack channe;l
15:35:06 <mackonstan> #topic MLX NICs for TRex servers
15:35:23 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, sent an email to csit-dev with proposal
15:35:26 <mackonstan> #link https://lists.fd.io/g/csit-dev/message/4461
15:37:57 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Peter, check with hanoh / team re trex compatibility with connectx-6 (as it supports >200 Mpps, verified by intel with l3fwd) - this will be for icx build
15:38:18 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, working with Trishan and Ed on getting direct request placed on nvidia mellanox.
15:40:03 <mackonstan> #info Dave, Vratko, bring it up with Ed and Trishan on TSC calls while Maciek is away on PTO
15:40:36 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
15:41:36 <mackonstan> #info Dave, observed intermittent problems with vpp merge jobs, error "replication timeout", opened number of tickets, so far not root caused
15:42:12 <mackonstan> #info Dave, suspecting AWS related issues …
15:43:35 <mackonstan> #info Dave, started ping monitor for this issue, but so far nothing detected through this, will keep monitoring
15:44:12 <mackonstan> #info Dave, Vanessa asked for maintenance window, right now pushed it till after CSIT report is published
15:47:36 <mackonstan> #topic Trending
15:47:48 <mackonstan> #info week 04 CSIT breakages
15:47:51 <mackonstan> #link https://lists.fd.io/g/csit-report/topic/csit_breakages_for_week_04/88644667?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate/sticky,,,20,2,0,88644667,previd=1643147219143152758,nextid=1642687866654457037&previd=1643147219143152758&nextid=1642687866654457037
15:49:40 <mackonstan> #info VPP-1995 i40e driver issue, vlan stripping for VF not working
15:50:29 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Fan, good news the DPDK team from intel is on it, expecting the team to start working on it after the Chinese NY holiday
15:52:00 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, I'm away next week, Dave volunteered to run the CSIT call then.
15:52:15 <mackonstan> #endmeeting