15:01:20 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meeting
15:01:20 <collab-meetbot`> Meeting started Wed Feb  9 15:01:20 2022 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:01:20 <collab-meetbot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:01:20 <collab-meetbot`> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
15:01:27 <mackonstan> #info mackonstan
15:01:31 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
15:01:45 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
15:02:53 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing.
15:03:22 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VPP
15:03:59 <mackonstan> #info Andrew - rc2 artefacts in packagecloud, no known open issues
15:04:27 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VSAP
15:04:28 <dwallacelf> #info Dave Wallace
15:04:43 <mackonstan> #info Dave, haven\t heard from the project for a long time … will check with Florin
15:05:12 <mackonstan> #topic TSC updates
15:05:53 <mackonstan> #info Dave, discussed MLX NICs, Ed is pinging MLX re donations
15:06:52 <mackonstan> #info Dave, opened vexxhost ticket to add RAM to ampere build servers
15:09:25 <mackonstan> #topic E810 flow "offload" tests
15:09:37 <mackonstan> #info Fan, perf test are being worked on
15:09:47 <mackonstan> #info Fan, device tests to be done later
15:10:13 <mackonstan> #topic Scale tests
15:10:25 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, some things in works, but not focusing on it right now
15:12:32 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, Address perf test jobs with excessive execution time - weekly ndrpdr, just emailed the latest analysis, 2n-skx/clx/icx; icx the slowest, under investigation as to what the RCA is.
15:13:18 <mackonstan> #topic VPP RC1, RC2 hot patch(es) items
15:17:34 <mackonstan> #info MTU, Vratko, several issues: i) CSIT setting high value (9200B) in hw_interface_set_mtu call, resulting in config error; ii) CSIT setting values in hw_interface_set_mtu for VPP interfaces that don't support hw mtu. Reason behind approach i) was that in the past DPDK was performing worse when setting MTU < 9200B.
15:26:16 <mackonstan> #info re MTU, Vratko, Maciek, agreed to remove hw_interface_set_mtu call from the csit tests, and instead rely on VPP default settings and behaviour.
15:37:21 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, note that "MTU" in above comments in fact means "Maximum Frame Size" as specified in IEEE 802.3-2008
15:44:55 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Vratko, need to add a new agenda item, tracking "Maximum Frame Size" handling by drivers, VPP (and CSIT if needed)
15:48:16 <mackonstan> #info Peter, note that after DPDK bump and related VPP changes 2n-dnv and 3n-dnv are broken due to 1GE auto-negotiating on 10GE niantic . Fan is happy to help.
15:50:28 <mackonstan> #info Peter, is niantic supported in dpdk, Fan to follow up.
15:50:46 <mackonstan> #topic Releases CSIT-2202
15:51:26 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, rc1 is done. Test data in master ver of report. incl. 2n-icx and 3n-icx.
15:51:52 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, rc2 testing starting tomorrow.
15:52:53 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, no unexpected test failures.
15:53:25 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
15:54:18 <mackonstan> #info no issues
15:54:48 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
15:55:02 <mackonstan> #info Dave, nothing new
15:56:31 <mackonstan> #info Dave, arm vpp-device jobs are currently not run per vpp patch
15:59:40 <mackonstan> #info Peter, will run csit-vpp-device tests on arm for csit-2202 rls
16:00:10 <mackonstan> #topic Trending
16:00:28 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, added 2n-icx 3n-icx testbeds
16:00:45 <mackonstan> #info Vilaim, no new failures in trending
16:00:48 <mackonstan> #endmeeting