14:55:23 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meeting
14:55:23 <collab-meetbot> Meeting started Wed Feb 16 14:55:23 2022 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:55:23 <collab-meetbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:55:23 <collab-meetbot> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
15:02:24 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
15:03:00 <dwallacelf> #info Dave Wallace
15:03:41 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
15:03:43 <mackonstan> #info Maciek Konstantynowicz
15:04:07 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
15:04:48 <pmikus> #info Peter Mikus
15:04:50 <mackonstan> #info Fan, would like to discuss generic flow test new patch, triggering api crc check failure
15:04:58 <mackonstan> #topic VPP update
15:05:32 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, v22.02 rls next week, rls notes prepared, mtu change is called out
15:06:30 <mackonstan> #info 35336: misc: VPP 22.02 Release Notes | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/35336
15:06:37 <mackonstan> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/35336
15:07:10 <mackonstan> #info Dave, hicn reported an issue, being fixed before the release
15:07:29 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, pls add Debian11 builds to the agenda
15:08:08 <mackonstan> #topic TSC update
15:09:50 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re 100ge MLX nics, waiting for Ed to confirm if any donations can be obtained or we need to purchase
15:10:34 <mackonstan> #topic E810 flow "offload" tests
15:10:45 <mackonstan> #info Fan, performance tests, coding is WIP
15:12:30 <mackonstan> #info Fan, after dpdk v21.08, CVL DDP is automatically enabled, and scaling to multiple cores. the best was to show case this for ipsec.
15:16:26 <mackonstan> #info Fan, two elements of DDP flow capabilities: DDP-RSS and DDP-FlowDirector.
15:17:29 <mackonstan> #info Fan, will draft an email with the ipsec use case in mind.
15:18:22 <mackonstan> #info Fan, new topic: generic flow test new patch, triggering api crc check failure
15:19:22 <mackonstan> #info Fan, related to CVL DDP
15:19:40 <fan_zhang> https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/34802
15:19:43 <fan_zhang> #info Fan Zhang
15:20:15 <mackonstan> #info 34802: flow: add generic flow pattern for 5G flow enhancement [RFC] | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/34802
15:20:23 <mackonstan> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/34802
15:20:52 <vrpolak> #link https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/ApiChangeProcess
15:21:08 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, see above link for VPP API change process
15:21:42 <mackonstan> #topic Scale tests
15:22:53 <mackonstan> #topic VPP RC1, RC2 hot patch(es) items
15:23:39 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, see link to v22.02 rls notes
15:23:55 <mackonstan> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/35336
15:25:43 <mackonstan> #info Fan, dpdk mtu/mfs changes, will provide a reference to dpdk change
15:27:10 <mackonstan> #info Fan, answering Peter's questions from last week re dpdk / niantic support, it is supported even though it is not listed on the dpdk nic compatibility matrix.
15:28:01 <mackonstan> #topic CSIT-2202 rls readiness
15:28:55 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, rc2 testing going well, almost all iterative (5) runs done, few icx ones are missing. Coverage tests also started.
15:29:57 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, not seeing anything unexpected, failures aligned with trending failures + few 9000B MTU change related.
15:30:35 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, all data in master report is rc2 data
15:32:21 <mackonstan> #info Viliam, not much to talk about.
15:39:52 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, quite a few regressions, but luckily not many RCAs, mainly the mtu changes in vpp, regression in l2-input node (affects both avf and dpdk, RCA is vpp mtu patches), all dpdk tests are slower (due to move to dpdk v21.11 and related vpp changes)
15:42:44 <mackonstan> #info Agreed to bring it up on the next vpp-dev call on Tue 22-feb, share rc2 comparison tests and two main RCA'ed VPP patch sets. Will ask to have it added to the agenda.
15:43:41 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
15:44:03 <mackonstan> #info all testbeds workings
15:44:54 <mackonstan> #info Peter, 2 new ampere build servers productized in nomad, vpp build job exec duration reduced from ~30min to ~14min
15:45:59 <mackonstan> #info Peter, running in production now
15:46:37 <mackonstan> #info Peter, 16GB memory allocated per job, 3 jobs can be run in parallel as per server memory is 64GB
15:50:29 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
15:51:19 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, Dave, adding vpp Debian 11 builds and artefacts
15:52:12 <mackonstan> #info Peter, what about ubuntu 18.04 - jobs are still there …
15:53:55 <mackonstan> #info Dave, ubuntu 18.04 build jobs were still supported in vpp v21.10, want to deprecate it after v21.10 gets deprecated (v22.06 timeframe).
15:54:16 <vrpolak> #link 35339: chore(api): use the non-deprecated nat init call | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/35339
15:54:37 <mackonstan> #topic Environment, Framework - VPP API changes' tracking
15:57:21 <mackonstan> #topic Environment, Framework - VPP CLI usage in CSIT
15:57:39 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, csit should be using APIs if available, not vpp cli
15:58:19 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, good example is "show nat44 summary" ...
16:05:42 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, will try to compile a list of VPP CLIs used in CSIT, and check against corresponding VPP APIs.
16:06:06 <mackonstan> #info Once we have a good picture, will add it to the agenda in one of the upcoming vpp-dev calls.
16:06:10 <mackonstan> #endmeeting