15:02:01 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meeting
15:02:01 <collab-meetbot> Meeting started Wed Mar 16 15:02:01 2022 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:02:01 <collab-meetbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:02:01 <collab-meetbot> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
15:02:05 <mackonstan> #info mackonstan
15:02:10 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
15:06:24 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
15:06:25 <dwallacelf> #info Dave Wallace
15:08:41 <mackonstan> #topic FD.io: VPP updates
15:09:13 <mackonstan> #info Dave, few patches merged into stable/22.02
15:09:25 <jlinkes> #info Juraj LinkeŇ°
15:09:42 <mackonstan> #info Dave, patches related to hICN and DPDK
15:11:31 <mackonstan> #topic E810 flow "offload" tests
15:12:02 <mackonstan> #info Fan, reporting progress over email, no code ETA yet
15:12:38 <mackonstan> #topic Scale tests\
15:12:45 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, dormant still
15:12:47 <mackonstan> #topic VPP hot items
15:14:19 <mackonstan> #info re DPDK v22.11 regression, Vratko, Fan pushed a patch, spot check perf verified by Vratko, merged by Damjan, need to see trending results
15:15:49 <mackonstan> #topic CSIT hot items
15:18:10 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re firmware and driver compatibility matrix, work with Fan and Peter to update it to the best possible, as part of bump to dpdk v22.03, releasing this Friday
15:21:21 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re Spectre-BHB, need recommendation from CPU vendors and Ubuntu, Maciek to check with Intel contacts Fan/Ray, Peter to check Ubuntu, Juraj to check Arm
15:21:35 <mackonstan> #topic Releases CSIT-2202
15:21:58 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, testing finished last week.
15:22:38 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, new report is being generated right now, adds incl. updated (by Vratko) known issues and regression
15:23:53 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, send an email with csit-2202 issues classification
15:24:02 <mackonstan> #link https://lists.fd.io/g/csit-dev/message/4474
15:29:56 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re dpdk v21.11 - in hand
15:31:20 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re 9000B csit-1801, 1808, 1809 - Maciek+Peter; csit-1811 - Maciek+Vratko
15:31:56 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re NAT csit-1799, 1812 - Vratko
15:32:25 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re NDR, csit-1802, -1804 - Vratko update the tickets
15:33:35 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re 3n-icx cbc crypto csit-1803 - Vratko suspecting malformed packets after decryption
15:34:09 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re hoststack quick, csit-1805, Dave will have a look
15:36:31 <mackonstan> #chair mackonstan dwallacelf
15:36:31 <collab-meetbot> Warning: Nick not in channel: mackonstan
15:36:31 <collab-meetbot> Warning: Nick not in channel: dwallacelf
15:36:31 <collab-meetbot> Current chairs: dwallacelf mackonstan
15:36:33 <dwallacelf> #topic Physical Infrastructure
15:37:29 <dwallacelf> #info Mellanox NIC cards should be ordered, Kenny Paul approved the invoice today.
15:38:02 <dwallacelf> #info Arm Ampere servers (perf testing) arrived, Peter to coordinate standing up of 3node testbed
15:38:24 <dwallacelf> #info Juraj opening Vexxhost tickets for installation
15:39:50 <dwallacelf> #info Memory for Ampere invoice in process via Vexxhost ticket
15:40:10 <dwallacelf> #topic Virtual Infrastructure
15:40:45 <dwallacelf> #info Post 22.02 CI job clean up in process.
15:43:09 <dwallacelf> #info Vanessa planning general maintenance window March 29, 2022
15:43:35 <dwallacelf> #info Final nexus retirement plan to be discussed with Vanessa this week.
15:49:18 <dwallacelf> #info Peter to investigate scheduling of ARM jobs in order to determine how many TX2 build servers to retain
15:51:37 <dwallacelf> #info Arm job memory allocation appears to be too high, limiting number of jobs available to be run in parallel
15:51:59 <dwallacelf> #info Peter, Juraj, Dave to investigate tuning memory consumption
15:53:26 <dwallacelf> #info Arm vpp-device job issues:  1 Job setup failing due to timeouts,  2 VM tests failing due to timeouts
15:53:47 <dwallacelf> #info Issue 1 being addresssed by Juraj with Peter's input
15:54:57 <dwallacelf> #info Issue 2 - Is ok to disable failing VM tests until a fix can be implemented
15:56:34 <jlinkes> #link the VM issue https://jira.fd.io/browse/VPP-1995
16:00:35 <dwallacelf> #topic Environment, Framework
16:01:32 <dwallacelf> #info Keesang Song reported AMD representitve will start attending CSIT meetings to help support AMD based performance testing
16:05:20 <dwallacelf> #info Keesang will send email with proposal to upgrade and/or add AMD hardware in performance testbed(s)
16:06:15 <dwallacelf> #endmeeting