14:02:09 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meeting
14:02:09 <collab-meetbot`> Meeting started Wed Apr  6 14:02:09 2022 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:02:09 <collab-meetbot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:02:09 <collab-meetbot`> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
14:02:17 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
14:02:54 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
14:03:02 <mackonstan> #info mackonstan
14:03:06 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
14:05:00 <mackonstan> #chair
14:05:00 <collab-meetbot`> Current chairs: mackonstan
14:05:12 <viliamluc> #info
14:05:18 <mackonstan> #chair vrpolak tifrank pmikus viliamluc
14:05:18 <collab-meetbot`> Warning: Nick not in channel: vrpolak
14:05:18 <collab-meetbot`> Warning: Nick not in channel: tifrank
14:05:18 <collab-meetbot`> Warning: Nick not in channel: pmikus
14:05:18 <collab-meetbot`> Warning: Nick not in channel: viliamluc
14:05:18 <collab-meetbot`> Current chairs: mackonstan pmikus tifrank viliamluc vrpolak
14:05:34 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VPP
14:05:42 <mackonstan> #info Andrew, nothing new
14:07:02 <mackonstan> #topic E810 flow "offload" tests
14:08:13 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, no failures noticed
14:08:34 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, need an update from Fan
14:09:52 <mackonstan> #topic Scale tests
14:10:18 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, has an idea how to speed up PAPI performance for scale tests
14:12:16 <mackonstan> #topic VPP hot items
14:12:36 <mackonstan> #info DPDK v21.11 performance - fixed now
14:15:34 <mackonstan> #info VPP MTU handling - Vratko - some vpp improvements merged in VPP to better handle interaction with DPDK driver
14:15:54 <mackonstan> #topic CSIT hot items
14:17:30 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re Spectre-BHB security vulnerability - awaiting recommendation from vendors
14:17:45 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Intel will be coming back with recommendation
14:17:52 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, checking with Arm folks
14:17:54 <jlinkes> #info Juraj LinkeŇ°
14:18:05 <mackonstan> #info Keesang, checking internally with AMD team
14:18:49 <mackonstan> #topic Releases CSIT-2206
14:19:35 <mackonstan> #topic Releases CSIT-2202
14:21:36 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, will ask for adding csit-2202 readout on next vpp call, next week, highlights on regressions and failures
14:21:57 <mackonstan> #topic CSIT-2206
14:23:33 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
14:25:40 <mackonstan> #info Keesang, brought up an issue with 2n-zn2 setup, specifically BIOS settings - 6 parameters identified as culprits impacting performance
14:29:16 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Peter, let's agree on the required BIOS changes over email, and then Peter will apply
14:29:58 <mackonstan> #info Keesang, to send a separate email regarding FD.io lab access
14:32:05 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, 3n-alt perf testbed are up & operational, daily trending is running, tests are passing, results are to be looked at
14:33:29 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, will be adding 3n-alt testbeds to trending dashboard
14:34:40 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, right now job specs for 3n-alt, used existing arm job specs for 2n-tx2 3n-tsh
14:35:46 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Peter, expecting 2x SNR servers from Intel, need 6th rack (already requested from Vexxhost)
14:36:36 <mackonstan> #info Keesang, would like to add more AMD servers into FD.io CSIT labs
14:40:50 <mackonstan> #info Keesang, this time is 3rd gen EPYC server(s) into the lab, but want to understand the scope of CSIT benchmarking first, will send email
14:43:26 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re additional usage of AWS, discussed with Dave, Peter, and agreed to proceed with monthly reservation option, while waiting for LF authorization to go with longer term reservastions options that allow us to further reduce the cost
14:43:50 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
14:44:22 <mackonstan> #topic Environment, Framework
14:44:30 <mackonstan> #topic Trending
14:45:45 <mackonstan> #info Viliam, no new failures spotted, 4 issues reported fixed, 1 reopen (nat44 det not all session established)
14:47:37 <mackonstan> #topic CSIT UTI dashboard refresh
14:48:37 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, a local preview is available, can do a quick demo on one of the next CSIT calls
14:48:56 <mackonstan> #endmeeting