13:59:11 <mackonstan> #startmeeting FD.io CSIT Project Meeting
13:59:11 <collab-meetbot`> Meeting started Wed Jun 22 13:59:11 2022 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is mackonstan. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:59:11 <collab-meetbot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:59:11 <collab-meetbot`> The meeting name has been set to 'fd_io_csit_project_meeting'
13:59:16 <mackonstan> #info mackonstan
14:02:05 <vrpolak> #info Vratko Polak.
14:02:29 <mackonstan> #topic Agenda bashing
14:02:32 <pmikus> #info Peter Mikus
14:04:29 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - VPP
14:04:53 <tifrank> #info Tibor Frank
14:06:36 <vrpolak> #link 36352: ipsec: change wildcard value for any protocol of spd policy | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/36352
14:07:33 <mackonstan> #info Fan, still working on getting above patch merged, but currently targeting next rls 2210
14:08:29 <mackonstan> #topic Inputs from projects - TSC
14:10:22 <vrpolak> By the way, I believe this is the meeting DaveW attends: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=327908
14:12:43 <fan_zhang> #info ICX-D Wireguard VPP Perf whitepaper: https://builders.intel.com/docs/networkbuilders/intel-avx-512-and-intel-qat-accelerate-wireguard-processing-with-intel-xeon-d-2700-processor-technology-guide-1647024663.pdf
14:13:04 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, on a hook to provide updated HW lab CAPEX spend proposal to TSC. Currently mainly looking at MLX 100 GbE cards
14:13:53 <mackonstan> #info Fan, proposed we look at ICX-D with QAT1.8 that offers VPP running with up to 50 Gbps per core for wireguard
14:14:12 <mackonstan> #info Fan, Maciek, evaluate the merit of adding ICX-D into the FD.io CSIT labs
14:14:30 <mackonstan> #topic New or being refactored tests
14:16:10 <mackonstan> #info Fan, E810 flow "offload" tests - device tests, Marvin is taking over, targeting 2210 rls cycle for completing this
14:19:39 <mackonstan> #info Fan, E810 flow "offload" tests - perf tests, all merged now, if possible would like to have them added to trending tests
14:20:36 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, should have capacity with two of 3n-icx to run those tests, need to know the quantity of tests and their approx. duration
14:21:29 <mackonstan> #info Fan, will push a patch with updated job_specs, add Tibor and Maciek as reviewers
14:22:45 <mackonstan> #topic Report CSIT-2206
14:23:18 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, jenkins was down for 3 days Sat - Mon, now it's back, but introduced delay to RC2 testing schedule
14:24:06 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, despite above, still on target to complete rc2 testing phase by eow, report with 1st data eta tomorrow
14:25:05 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, nobody knows the reason for jenkins down, waiting for Dave Wallace and Vanessa to provide post mortem readout
14:26:18 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, on regressions, already checked rc1, nothing major spotted, awaiting rc2 results
14:26:33 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, so far only checked Xeons
14:28:51 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Viliam, will work on updating known issues in master report, capturing the backlog from 22.02 and the new ones
14:29:20 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, target to point it to vpp community before the next call on Tue 28-jun
14:30:17 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, report to do list, see email to csit-dev
14:30:19 <mackonstan> #link https://lists.fd.io/g/csit-dev/message/4522
14:33:15 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, 100 GbE tests, let's make sure CVL flow tests are covered on them, and phy testbeds static content is update
14:37:27 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, Peter, Vratko, evaluate the multi-core speedup and verify that we see close to linear speedup
14:40:29 <mackonstan> #info Maciek, re telemetry, hit an issue with VPP cli `wait` command, that makes some of the csit telemetry results incorrect. Peter is working on the longer-term resolution.
14:42:41 <mackonstan> #info Peter, new ICX testbeds are coming online, all 5 racks are now completely full.
14:44:28 <mackonstan> #info Peter, new SNR testbed, awaiting some further assistance from the Intel team to make use of IPMI for console for remote operation
14:45:03 <mackonstan> #topic Physical Infrastructure
14:45:39 <mackonstan> #topic Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD
14:47:49 <mackonstan> #info Juraj, aside, working with Arm team to work out the large discrepancy ( 5x ) between PDR and NDR rates
14:48:47 <mackonstan> #topic Environment, Framework
14:51:02 <mackonstan> #info Vratko, telemetry issue is another example of CSIT using CLI vs relying on APIs
14:54:27 <mackonstan> #info Peter, the point is that vpp community needs to find resources to provide a complete coverage of the telemetry that CSIT is using, for now we only have access to CLI
14:55:04 <mackonstan> #topic Trending
14:56:00 <mackonstan> #info Tibor, added e810 NIC 100 GbE to trending
14:58:06 <mackonstan> #info Viliam, see for trending failing tests in email: CSIT failing perf tests for week 25 (06/13 – 06/19)
14:58:19 <mackonstan> #link https://lists.fd.io/g/csit-report/message/5784
14:58:57 <mackonstan> #endmeeting