14:54:36 <DaveBarach> #startmeeting fdio vpp
14:54:36 <collabot> Meeting started Tue Aug  2 14:54:36 2016 UTC.  The chair is DaveBarach. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:54:36 <collabot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:54:36 <collabot> The meeting name has been set to 'fdio_vpp'
15:01:32 <DaveBarach> #info Maciek reports on CSIT
15:02:00 <cj> I can't get in to the meeting.  The browser-based version won't let me connect audio, and I don't have a password for my mobile version.
15:02:03 <DaveBarach> #info 16.09 plan: to cover all P0 iterms.
15:02:32 <DaveBarach> CJ: ack... Dunno what to tell ya...
15:02:42 <cj> "run windows" might be appropriate
15:04:26 <cj> looks like I figured it out
15:04:49 <DaveBarach> Cool, guys are talking about verify jobs...
15:05:04 <mackonstan> #info CSIT useful links
15:05:15 <cj> #info cj present
15:05:35 <keith_wiles> #info Keith Wiles present
15:05:50 <mackonstan> #link https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/PerfTestPlan
15:06:11 <mackonstan> #link https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/FuncTestPlan
15:19:08 <DaveBarach> #info nsh-sfc will make ODL boron - good news
15:19:40 <alagalah> #info one-lisp fcoras L2 LISP is in
15:19:44 <DaveBarach> #info ONE-LISP L2 patch pushed
15:20:13 <alagalah> #info florinc asks for folks to take LISP L3 and L2 for a spin
15:20:20 <alagalah> #info tests are in repo ... (link ?)
15:20:31 <alagalah> #info no ARP handling so need API call to fill in ARP
15:20:53 <alagalah> #info clarify : you need to use the API to make ARP entries, no API change needed :)
15:21:27 <DaveBarach> #info keith burns to push Cisco Live demo setup into the sandbox
15:22:09 <florinc> #info https://git.fd.io/cgit/one/tree/tests/data_plane/vpp_lite_topo
15:25:49 <DaveBarach> #info dpdk packaging progressing
15:26:14 <DaveBarach> #info TLDK talk to Konstantin about his plans (email him and Keith Wiles)
15:26:27 <alagalah> #topic Release Planning 16.09
15:28:00 <alagalah> #info Reversing order of things: API once
15:29:18 <keith_wiles> #info "Ananyev, Konstantin" <konstantin.ananyev@intel.com>, Keith.wiles@intel.com
15:29:50 <alagalah> #info Docs: Wiki page
15:29:56 <alagalah> #link https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/Documentation Docs wiki page
15:30:28 <alagalah> #info JIRA tickets being raised once we do a gap analysis today (simple GREP of /** on "important files")
15:33:00 <alagalah> #info DPDK 16.07 update from DaveBarach...
15:43:29 <alagalah> #action DaveBarach to push his patch that addresses an issue with DPDK 16.07 for DO NOT MERGE so that folks can also play with VPP and DPDK 16.07
15:44:03 <alagalah> #action mackonstan graciously offered to take the VPP patch that uses DPDK 16.07 RC and put it through its CSIT paces
15:45:25 <alagalah> #action alagalah to work with Ray from Intel to discuss for 16.12 how we can better integrate earlier... two issues 1. DPDK merges patches in a merge window that is late in the cycle 2. VPP currently has no fd.io blessed rig for pulling in bespoke patches like DPDK 16.xx RC and testing... both things need to be addressed to improve release quality
15:45:46 <alagalah> #topic Static Analysis
15:46:08 <alagalah> #info DaveBarach has been pushing patches for this as time permits (note that these typically have "Coverity" in the patch commit message)
15:46:28 <alagalah> #info Chrisy can give access to the coverity report to whoever requests it
15:47:13 <alagalah> #topic SVM changes
15:47:47 <alagalah> #info DaveBarach spent time on changes to the Heap allocator for folks who want REALLY large memory allocations (8GB+)
15:49:02 <alagalah> #info this won't make 16.09 but maybe 16.12...
15:49:07 <alagalah> #topic Consumability issues
15:49:19 <alagalah> #info Verify taking too long
15:49:32 <alagalah> #action alagalah to send CJ a typical example
15:54:14 <DaveBarach> #endmeeting