16:03:12 <DaveBarach> #startmeeting fdio-vpp
16:03:12 <collab-meetbot> Meeting started Tue Jan 12 16:03:12 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is DaveBarach. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:03:12 <collab-meetbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:03:12 <collab-meetbot> The meeting name has been set to 'fdio_vpp'
16:03:36 <mackonstan> #topic CSIT project - Maciek updates
16:03:53 <mackonstan> #info AMD benchmark results published in maintenance version of csit-2009, see my announce email on 23-Dec
16:04:58 <mackonstan> #info Benchmark test additions/updates in csit-2101: nat44ed astf throughput tests, ip6 with rnd flows, ip6 latency (re-added), gso, geneve
16:05:05 <mackonstan> #info New Arm testbed types: performance thunderx2 2n-tx2, device-functional thunderx2 1n-tx2
16:05:26 <mackonstan> #info vpp v21.01 rc1 csit test dry runs completed, some snafus with testing vpp v20.09 in updated csit-2101 environment, but all resolved
16:05:41 <mackonstan> #info draft version of csit-2101 report already online, incl. early versions of comparison tables
16:05:49 <mackonstan> #link https://docs.fd.io/csit/master/report/
16:05:56 <mackonstan> #link https://docs.fd.io/csit/master/report/_static/vpp/performance-changes-2n-clx-xxv710-2t1c-pdr.txt
16:06:10 <mackonstan> #info csit-2101 rc2 tomorrow, report publish target date 10-Feb, see timeline link
16:06:16 <mackonstan> #link https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/csit2101_plan
16:06:37 <mackonstan> #info FYI we will be moving and consolidating physical Vexxhost DCs Feb-Mar, incl. Nomad build machines and all CSIT testbeds, should be transparent to FD.io operations
16:06:55 <mackonstan> #info The actual move stages and timeline will be posted on wiki, in the meantime are captured in csit gerrit 30662
16:07:03 <mackonstan> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/30662
16:07:11 <mackonstan> #info And we will be moving to ubuntu 20.04 post 2101
16:08:31 <DaveBarach> #topic Host Stack (Florin)
16:09:05 <DaveBarach> #info session layer refactor to avoid MAP_FIXED memory segment mappings
16:09:45 <DaveBarach> #info fifos, message queues now use base+offset vs. hard pointers
16:10:14 <DaveBarach> #info should be transparent for vcl apps, also builtin apps
16:11:11 <DaveBarach> #info only victims would be raw API consumers. Changes only in master, not likely to be backported to 21.01
16:11:42 <DaveBarach> #info let Florin know if something breaks. (:-).
16:12:33 <DaveBarach> #info TLS, like quicc, depends on cert/key storage maintained in infra
16:13:07 <DaveBarach> #info DTLS almost done. Looking at adding SRTP
16:13:37 <DaveBarach> #topic Documentation (Ole)
16:13:56 <DaveBarach> #info no doc update
16:14:07 <DaveBarach> #topic Release Management (Andrew, DaveW)
16:14:17 <DaveBarach> #info RC2 tag tomorrow
16:14:22 <fcoras> thanks, Dave!
16:14:31 <DaveBarach> np
16:15:01 <DaveBarach> #info formal release on the 27th, hope to avoid near-immediate dot release
16:15:11 <dwallacelf> #info 20.09.1 Maintenance Release to be scheduled after 21.01 CSIT Report Publish + 1 week #fdio-vpp
16:15:26 <dwallacelf> Dave, I have some notes I'll punch in...
16:15:38 <DaveBarach> #info 19.08 jobs now removed
16:15:59 <DaveBarach> #info tomorrow's deadline: noon GMT
16:16:48 <DaveBarach> #info Debian 9 jobs have not been removed yet. Any reason to hold off removal any longer?
16:17:29 <DaveBarach> #agreed will remove Deb-9 jobs in the next week. Remove from master, 21.01.
16:17:56 <DaveBarach> #topic Infra (Dave W)
16:18:06 <DaveBarach> #info stable since LF removed unsupported plugins
16:18:28 <DaveBarach> #info no more changes to LF CI infra until 21.01 is complete
16:19:05 <DaveBarach> #info after CSIT report published, a few improvements scheduled from the LF side
16:19:45 <dwallacelf> #link https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/ci-management/+/30100
16:19:46 <DaveBarach> #info Jenkins config now source-controlled in gerrit.
16:20:23 <DaveBarach> #info CI / docker images modified to use LF tools, mandatory to eventually move to Amazon S3 infra
16:20:35 <DaveBarach> #info snergster images be gone
16:21:49 <DaveBarach> #info thanks to peter, andrew, we have backup log storage on the Nomad cluster
16:25:22 <DaveBarach> #info DaveB mentions Jenkins job failure summary database. Low priority, on DaveW's queue
16:25:56 <DaveBarach> #info eventually switch to a lower-cost Vexxhost instance to run Jenkins
16:26:23 <DaveBarach> #info adding more automated Nomad monitoring tools
16:26:49 <DaveBarach> #info Vexxhost data center move will reduce capacity for a period of time
16:34:35 <DaveBarach> #info verify jobs can move to 20.04, need to make sure that docker images actually work
16:35:27 <DaveBarach> #action DaveW to push patch to switch verify to Ubuntu 2.04
16:40:08 <DaveBarach> #into Multiple FOSDEM vpp presos on 2/6-2/7
16:41:25 <DaveBarach> #endmeeting