#opnfv-dovetail: dovetail weekly meeting

Meeting started by xudan_ at 14:01:51 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Handling of Offline scripts in Dovetail repo (xudan_, 14:06:54)
    1. ACTION: xudan will remove these scripts. (xudan_, 14:10:11)

  2. VNFSDK integration: Current Progress (xudan_, 14:12:18)
    1. ACTION: xudan will create some jira tickets about this integration work (xudan_, 14:13:10)
    2. anyone who are interested in this can pick them. (xudan_, 14:13:30)
    3. https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/Performance+Testing?preview=/8257568/8257570/LFN%20Certification_%20evolution%20proposal%2015102018.pdf (mbeierl, 14:16:37)

  3. performance testing (xudan_, 14:16:56)
    1. wiki page https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/Performance+Testing (xudan_, 14:17:07)
    2. presentation https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/download/attachments/8257568/LFN%20Certification_%20evolution%20proposal%2015102018.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1539627657000&api=v2 (xudan_, 14:17:30)
    3. etherpad https://etherpad.lfnetworking.org/p/LFN_Cert_Performance_Discussions (xudan_, 14:17:43)
    4. What is performance testing and how does it relate to CVC? There is no pass/fail for performance, so that must be reporting only (mbeierl, 14:34:28)
    5. which brings up the point that Dovetail and CVC are two separate goals. CVC is a subset of Dovetail. (mbeierl, 14:35:00)
    6. Dovetail has optional tests, and we certainly have the leeway to extend the optional tests to include performance (mbeierl, 14:35:28)
    7. Performance then does not provide a pass/fail, but it does provide additional information above the basic functions. (mbeierl, 14:36:07)
    8. to paraphrase Al, first we show that it works, then we can say how fast it works (mbeierl, 14:36:41)
    9. Dovetail initially proposed the scope of OVP, but now there is the LFN CVC that is taking this concept and moving it forward and will have its own direction (mbeierl, 14:40:59)
    10. Dovetail is able to perform tests such as performance, and is not bound to create a pass/fail opinion on it (mbeierl, 14:42:14)
    11. it would be the CVC that would make a decision on how they want to use these numbers (mbeierl, 14:42:40)
    12. http://testresults.opnfv.org/reporting/ (mbeierl, 14:57:57)
    13. Mark asks the question: how does Dovetail see itself in relationship to the test results dashboard? Can Dovetail become the project that helps with release verification? (mbeierl, 14:58:36)
    14. Al Believes: instead of thresholds, there can be a system of references - performance of well-known platforms - which users can compare new results against. This makes the results more meaningful to users! (mbeierl, 15:01:16)

Meeting ended at 15:04:17 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. xudan will remove these scripts.
  2. xudan will create some jira tickets about this integration work

People present (lines said)

  1. mbeierl (12)
  2. xudan_ (11)
  3. collabot (3)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.