14:00:30 <hongbo213> #startmeeting dovetail weekly meeting
14:00:30 <collabot`> Meeting started Fri Nov 18 14:00:30 2016 UTC.  The chair is hongbo213. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:30 <collabot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:00:30 <collabot`> The meeting name has been set to 'dovetail_weekly_meeting'
14:01:43 <ChrisPriceAB> #info Chris Price
14:01:48 <hongbo213> chair ChrisPriceAB
14:01:56 <leo_wang> #info leo_wang
14:02:09 <hongbo213> #chair ChrisPriceAB
14:02:09 <collabot`> Current chairs: ChrisPriceAB hongbo213
14:02:13 <ljlamers> #info Larry Lamers
14:02:58 * ChrisPriceAB is typing in another place at the moment but might be able to help
14:03:08 <ChrisPriceAB> #chair bryan_att
14:03:08 <collabot`> Current chairs: ChrisPriceAB bryan_att hongbo213
14:03:43 <bryan_att> #info Bryan Sullivan
14:04:01 <rpaik> #info Ray Paik
14:05:33 <ChrisPriceAB> #topic Approval or meeting minutes and action item review
14:07:50 <ChrisPriceAB> #info Hongbo asks for any feedback on the minutes
14:07:57 <ChrisPriceAB> #info no comments provided
14:08:32 <bryan_att> #topic Test Case Template
14:08:33 <hongbo213> #link https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/22855/
14:08:50 <bryan_att> #info Some more patches that need review
14:11:38 <bryan_att> #info just need more help to progress the patches
14:12:06 <bryan_att> anyone have a link to the gerrit items? it's not obvious from the names
14:12:18 <trevc> #info Trevor Cooper
14:12:28 <hongbo213> #link https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/22855/
14:16:56 <hongbo213> #info hongbo
14:19:44 <bryan_att> #info consensus is that we are not at the point of knowing what we we need/intend in the test suite design
14:20:17 <bryan_att> #info therefore we don't need more committers or help at this time to move the patches forward
14:21:12 <bryan_att> #info ChrisP suggests to add committers in specific areas
14:22:25 <bryan_att> #info Wenjing suggests to address open questions first
14:23:45 <bryan_att> #info Wenjing suggests to have a plan first, e.g. list of tests
14:24:58 <rpaik> #info Wenjing suggests start adding/tracking issues in Jira
14:27:08 <hongbo213> #link https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/dovetail/Dovetail+Test+Case+Requirements
14:27:11 <bryan_att> #info Test requirements and test cases need meeting minutes supdates
14:29:02 <bryan_att> #info where test cases are tracked seems to be an open issue
14:29:41 <bryan_att> #info ChrisP discussions about design should be done on the wiki and committed to git when ready
14:33:12 <bryan_att> #info we area agreed on the development of test case requirements on the wiki and move to git when ready
14:33:51 <bryan_att> #info "test case requirements" means what should be included in test cases (information)
14:34:16 <bryan_att> #info ChrisP suggests 2nd need is to define the "test areas"
14:35:27 <bryan_att> #info Bryan suggests that the test areas be define on the wiki and then moved to git when ready
14:36:03 <bryan_att> #info "ready" means committer consensus
14:37:04 <ChrisPriceAB> #link https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/dovetail/Dovetail+Test+Cases current draft of test areas and associated test cases.
14:38:28 <bryan_att> #info Bryan suggests that the detailed list of tests not be on the wiki, but in some database. The test areas are fine on the wiki, but documenting all tests twice is too much overhead
14:44:14 <bryan_att> #info what we use to document the test lists seems to be an open issue, e.g. the list of cases in the file in git, etc...
14:44:37 <bryan_att> #info ChrisP suggests we may not be ready to ID test cases when we have not defined the test areas yet
14:46:03 <bryan_att> #info Bryan suggests that having to maintain all the needed info on tests in git flat files is not the way to proceed
14:46:33 <bryan_att> #info agreement seems to center around test case requirements and need to develop the test areas first
14:47:04 <bryan_att> #info with drafts on the wiki and rst in git when ready
14:47:06 <dneary> So - for document:
14:47:13 <dneary> 1. Draft docs in wiki
14:47:21 <dneary> 2. On consensus, commit to git
14:47:32 <dneary> And for test cases:
14:48:07 <dneary> ?
14:48:11 <bryan_att> #topic Dovetail in Release Process
14:48:22 <bryan_att> Dave - that's correct
14:48:54 <bryan_att> #info Ray wants clarification on how Dovetail will do releases, and how the releases will be managed
14:49:19 <bryan_att> #info Wenjing suggests that someone work with David to define that
14:52:42 <bryan_att> #info Ray wants to understand how release milestones apply to Dovetail
14:53:18 <bryan_att> #info Bryan suggests that someone create a release planning page for Dovetail and use it to develop ideas for consensus in Dovetail
14:57:05 <bryan_att> #info ChrisP suggests there is difficulty getting time to document any release process, and that needing to assess the content of the release after-the-fact, Dovetail does not fit the milestones
14:57:40 <bryan_att> #info consensus is that Dovetail does not fit the release process at this time, and does not plan to participate in the release per se
14:58:33 <ChrisPriceAB> coffee time...
15:00:44 <hongbo213> #endmeeting