14:00:29 <hongbo5656> #startmeeting dovetail weekly meeting
14:00:29 <collabot`> Meeting started Fri Feb 17 14:00:29 2017 UTC.  The chair is hongbo5656. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:29 <collabot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:00:29 <collabot`> The meeting name has been set to 'dovetail_weekly_meeting'
14:00:38 <thaj> #info Thaj
14:00:40 <hongbo5656> #rollcall
14:00:58 <hongbo5656> #info Hongbo
14:01:19 <yuyang_gabriel_> #info Gabriel_YuYang
14:01:19 <ChrisPriceAB> #info Chris Price
14:02:39 <hongbo5656> #topic dovetail development plan
14:03:04 <pjlynch> has GTM been started? I'm still on hold....
14:03:14 <hongbo5656> yes
14:03:20 <pjlynch> huh
14:03:28 <hongbo5656> #chair ChrisPriceAB
14:03:28 <collabot`> Current chairs: ChrisPriceAB hongbo5656
14:03:36 <ChrisPriceAB> https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/969604901
14:03:41 <hongbo5656> #chair bryan_att
14:03:41 <collabot`> Current chairs: ChrisPriceAB bryan_att hongbo5656
14:04:04 <ChrisPriceAB> try that one pjlynch
14:04:51 <uli-k> #info Uli Kleber
14:05:29 <hongbo5656> #chair uli-k
14:05:29 <collabot`> Current chairs: ChrisPriceAB bryan_att hongbo5656 uli-k
14:05:41 <bryan_att> #info Bryan Sullivan
14:05:57 <bryan_att> #topic CVP input from BOD
14:06:52 <ChrisPriceAB> #info Wenjing outlines the board discussion leading to a request for a plan and timeline for dovetail covering the test strategy, test working group activity and functions, any necessary gap items on the toolchain
14:06:55 <bryan_att> #info Wenjing reports on the BOD discussion: the BOD wants the TSC to move forward on the CVP, no specific guidance but a desire to move forward at least.
14:08:53 <uli-k> #info BOD suggested to use more collaboration with DefCore etc.
14:09:04 <bryan_att> #info to me the key question is one of timing, scope, and roadmap, and in practical terms our ability to define/agree/execute on a process for developing the program.
14:10:49 <bryan_att> #info with the 1st need to be to define the program and the process, esp the need to work upstream and leverage those assets directly rather than curating upstream tests in detail
14:20:14 <hongbo5656> #info chris price get more people in from the test group
14:23:21 <hongbo5656> #info pother point: what compliance means
14:32:47 <hongbo5656> #info wenjing:1) test plan effort in jira should be done
14:33:41 <hongbo5656> #info 2) test tool: how to validate.
14:34:34 <hongbo5656> #info if we can use the tool in the test group, we do not need other tool. we need to discuss
14:34:42 <bryan_att> #info (2) is a "how" and needs to follow the "what" definition
14:35:27 <bryan_att> #info we also need to be careful of thinking we can make progress simply by delegation to some other group
14:35:43 <hongbo5656> #info 3) documentation:
14:36:50 <bryan_att> #info re (3) the program management tools we are using are our documentation - if we plan to focus all this program definition effort on a collaboratively edited document managed thru gerrit we will not move any faster IMO
14:37:42 <pjlynch> #link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M4jHLAAuLBHCWXDHmidrWfkjj0IaZqKnovj0WOkK344/edit#heading=h.fk7n1aaep7a3
14:37:50 <bryan_att> #info (1) and (3) seem to be somewhat in conflict as the way we will manage the program definition phase
14:39:39 <bryan_att> #info (4) C&C should translate reqs to a scope, meaning, more specific so that Dovetail can have more specific guidance
14:40:42 <bryan_att> #info re (4) we should get C&C to collaborate with Dovetail thru JIRA, rather than waiting for a document will continue to slow us down, based upon the history of C&C progress
14:41:36 <bryan_att> #info (5) administering the CVP workflow, e.g. how does a candidate go thru the program
14:41:49 <bryan_att> #info re (5), I do not see that as Dovetail scope
14:45:44 <bryan_att> #info ChrisPriceAB each project in OPNFV should weight in as to how their scope would be covered under a CVP - Dovetail should not do that work, rather make sure it gets done
14:47:59 <ChrisPriceAB> Dovetail and the CVP in general should be coordinating and guiding projects on how to ensure they get their features ready for compliance testing.  :)
14:55:55 <dneary> What is the link to the Kanban board? I do not see it
14:57:34 <dneary> Is it "Dovetail tests"? There are 2 Kanban boards from Leo too
14:58:18 <trevor_intel> Yes I think its Dovetail tests
14:58:38 <trevor_intel> and then filter on epics
15:01:44 <dneary> Thanks trevor_intel
15:02:52 <ChrisPriceAB> which tech discuss?
15:03:08 <bryan_att> http://techdiscuss.opnfv.org
15:03:27 <hongbo5656> #endmeeting