14:00:37 <hongbo1235> #startmeeting dovetail weekly meeting
14:00:37 <collabot`> Meeting started Fri Mar 10 14:00:37 2017 UTC.  The chair is hongbo1235. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:37 <collabot`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:00:37 <collabot`> The meeting name has been set to 'dovetail_weekly_meeting'
14:01:36 <hongbo1235> #info hongbo
14:02:31 <MatthewLi> #info Jun Li
14:03:00 <Wenjing> #info Wenjing
14:03:30 <hongbo1235> #topic Review of the Dovetail Danube plan outline
14:04:23 <hongbo1235> #chair ChrisPriceAB
14:04:23 <collabot`> Current chairs: ChrisPriceAB hongbo1235
14:04:33 <hongbo1235> #chair Wenjing
14:04:33 <collabot`> Current chairs: ChrisPriceAB Wenjing hongbo1235
14:05:33 <hongbo1235> #chair dneary
14:05:33 <collabot`> Current chairs: ChrisPriceAB Wenjing dneary hongbo1235
14:06:01 <dneary> Question: is the etherpad or the Confluence page the source of truth now?
14:06:36 <dneary> #topic Agenda
14:06:40 <dneary> #info Danube plan document review
14:06:44 <trevor_intel> #info Trevor Cooper
14:07:20 <dneary> #topic Danube plan review
14:07:40 <hongbo1235> #link https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/dovetail/Dovetail+Danube+Plan
14:07:50 <hongbo1235> all things were moved to the wiki
14:09:24 <Wenjing> on milestone: shown in wiki, chris to ask jose about people assigned and give feedback
14:09:27 <dneary> #info Timeline and milestones: Wenjing asks how we agree. ChrisPriceAB says that we need people assigned to objectives if we agree to a milestone plan
14:09:52 <dneary> #info ChrisPriceAB needs to sync with Jose re milestones before committing
14:14:45 <dneary> #info Scope, strategic approach - there appear to be some open questions on the scope and certification testing. This section is in scope for the CVP and the C&C community
14:14:57 <dneary> #undo
14:14:57 <collabot`> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.ircmeeting.items.Info object at 0x2358410>
14:15:02 <dneary> #info Scope, strategic approach - there appear to be some open questions on the scope and certification testing. This section is in scope for the CVP and the C&C committee
14:17:16 <dneary> #link https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/dovetail/CVP+document
14:17:22 <dneary> #info SUT for OPNFV Dovetail: SUT is VIM + NFVi + hardware. Defined pre-test state, with no opinion on how systems get to this state. Development tooling is not part of the SUT
14:23:51 <dneary> #topic Test strategy document
14:24:05 <dneary> #info Lots of comment on the test strategy document to date
14:24:31 <dneary> #info We need to summarise input to date and update test requirements document
14:24:47 <dneary> #info That will need community review after modification
14:28:10 <dneary> #info Action item: Update test requirements document based on feedback on mailing list, wiki page (additional brainstorming), summarise points raised for review (Dave)
14:31:54 <dneary> #info Action item: Draft test strategy document (define scope of tests, initial state of SUT, test execution environment, tools, ...) (Chris Price) - review in 2 weeks (March 24)
14:32:24 <dneary> #info test requirements update ASAP (ideally, agreement of committers after community review by March 17)
14:39:34 <dneary> I'm going to need someone else to note that action
14:40:10 <dneary> I have been distracted (phone call)
14:40:55 <dneary> #topic Scope and precise details of test cases
14:42:20 <dneary> #info Question as to what is our "upstream" for tests.
14:44:09 <dneary> #info We need a superset of possible tests and need some clarity on which interfaces we test against, particularly for SDN (Neutron interfaces only, no native SDN controller interfaces)
14:44:41 <dneary> #info Chris feels we need more clarity on what exactly "Neutron NB interfaces" includes and does not include.
14:45:02 <dneary> #info Action item: Chris to take the task of clarifying networking interfaces to be tested in Dovetail
14:47:33 <dneary> #info Do we have common agreement that NFV use-case based test cases should be included in scope for compliance? There is some discussion
14:51:33 <dneary> #info For test cases we develop, we can document the sequences of API test cases that combine for a higher level test case. Tests should be better defined than "you must pass vPing tests" - define platform capability we are attempting to validate.
14:52:11 <dneary> #info Feedback that many SUTs have no gate upstream for things like multiple devices, support for specific hardware (eg 10G ethernet) - we should ensure that we are also including tests for features that telcos are asking for from platform vendors
14:52:27 <dneary> Did I capture that feedback correctly, Yariv?
14:53:44 <Yariv> dneary, correct
14:54:54 <dneary> #info We may need some longer calls in coming weeks to review test cases as they become ready
14:59:06 <dneary> #info ChrisPriceAB proposes that we need to close on test case requirements before reviewing specific test cases for inclusion
15:02:01 <dneary> #info Agreement that test case requirement review and test strategy document are prerequisites for reviewing test cases
15:03:12 <hongbo1235> #endmeeting