#opnfv-testperf: Testperf Weekly Call 20180419

Meeting started by gabriel_yuyang at 15:03:06 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. RollCall (gabriel_yuyang, 15:03:27)
    1. David McBride (dmcbride, 15:03:44)
    2. Mark Beierl (mbeierl, 15:03:59)

  2. ETSI Plugtest/OPNFV Plugfest testing planning discussion (gabriel_yuyang, 15:04:41)
    1. Rex (Mingjiang, 15:04:53)
    2. https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/testperf_plugtest_plugfest_fraser (gabriel_yuyang, 15:05:09)
    3. During the second week, there will be a big room that holds all OPNFV and ETSI guys. OPNFV and ETSI, in general, schedule their own tracks separately. As to ETSI Plugtest, OPNFV scenarios could participate the interop sessions. In the meanwhile, ETSI Plugtest will have some OPNFV testing dedicated tracks, however, these tracks should be organized by OPNFV crew. (gabriel_yuyang, 15:07:11)
    4. SFC senario available for Plugtest (gabriel_yuyang, 15:07:27)
    5. Pierre added: separated track for Dovetail and SFC scenario will be regular interop session in Plugtest (gabriel_yuyang, 15:09:06)
    6. Pierre: in pre-test, vendors are doing the interoperation (gabriel_yuyang, 15:11:07)
    7. Georg will be there in ETSI plugtest call for the Dovetail test possibilities (gabriel_yuyang, 15:14:19)
    8. Pierre: Tim is working on wiki page for scenario owners participating ETSI Plugtest and Gerog will the ping the owner (gabriel_yuyang, 15:16:50)
    9. David: NFVben probably a good candidate for this purposed since it is released with scenario (gabriel_yuyang, 15:18:00)
    10. Pierre: NFVben useful and could be in OPNFV interop session (gabriel_yuyang, 15:18:59)
    11. Pierre: ETSI is a plugtest interop event, however, on certain test case, NFVben could be used for date traffic as inputs for, for example, auto-scaling, as a support tool (gabriel_yuyang, 15:20:41)
    12. Alec: should determine if the HW config could fit in NFVben's requirements (gabriel_yuyang, 15:22:55)
    13. David: keep in mind, this is a interop test instead of demo, should to handle gaps in order to pass (gabriel_yuyang, 15:23:47)
    14. Pierre: will provide contact to Alec and get him access to ETSI resources where Alec could ask questions (gabriel_yuyang, 15:28:21)
    15. Alec asked about the Plugfest regarding to Long duration testing (gabriel_yuyang, 15:32:08)
    16. xci-virtual is near ready and should review the xci-bare metal patches (gabriel_yuyang, 15:32:38)
    17. https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/EVNT/Fraser+Plugfest+Planning+Page (gabriel_yuyang, 15:34:01)
    18. Gabriel will send email asking for proposals for Plugfest Testing Track (gabriel_yuyang, 15:36:27)

  3. SUT discussion for Long Duration Testing (gabriel_yuyang, 15:37:16)
    1. Gabriel asked Fatih about the xci-virtual and Fatih is working on creating tickets related to virutal dey and will add Gabriel add reviewer (gabriel_yuyang, 15:40:06)
    2. Gabriel will add testing PTLs to review the patches then (gabriel_yuyang, 15:40:33)

  4. New release process (gabriel_yuyang, 15:42:31)
    1. working on the promotion gate (gabriel_yuyang, 15:43:07)
    2. David want Testperf working on the gates for latest release: 1) gate for alpha release 2) gates for final release (gabriel_yuyang, 15:45:44)
    3. Test framework should be qualified first (gabriel_yuyang, 15:46:54)
    4. I propose that we have some discussions in the TWG meeting, then plan a session at PlugFest, with the goal of leaving PlugFest with a promotion gate requirements proposal (dmcbride, 15:52:47)
    5. ACTION: Linda and Rex look into David's requirements and be regularly fedback in Testperf meeting for the proposal in Plugfest (gabriel_yuyang, 15:54:39)
    6. Routine topic for the gate proposal in Testperf meeting (gabriel_yuyang, 15:55:17)

Meeting ended at 15:56:33 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. Linda and Rex look into David's requirements and be regularly fedback in Testperf meeting for the proposal in Plugfest

People present (lines said)

  1. gabriel_yuyang (33)
  2. collabot` (4)
  3. dmcbride (2)
  4. Mingjiang (1)
  5. mbeierl (1)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.