#fdio-csit: FD.io CSIT Project

Meeting started by mackonstan at 14:00:08 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. Dave Wallace (dwallacelf, 14:00:16)
    2. Tibor Frank (tifrank, 14:00:48)
    3. Vratko Polak. (vrpolak, 14:00:54)

  1. Agenda bashing (mackonstan, 14:02:32)
  2. Inputs from projects - VPP (mackonstan, 14:02:42)
    1. Andrew, no updates (mackonstan, 14:02:47)

  3. Inputs from projects - VSAP, Dave (mackonstan, 14:02:55)
    1. Not much new, the current patch is being reworked by VSAP project (mackonstan, 14:03:21)
    2. Dave shepherding, Peter, Vratko commenting (mackonstan, 14:03:35)

  4. Inputs from TSC (mackonstan, 14:03:48)
    1. Vratko, nothing important discussed in the last meeting, thin attendance (mackonstan, 14:04:13)

  5. Releases - CSIT-2106 (mackonstan, 14:04:27)
    1. Need to update projected release content on the wiki page (mackonstan, 14:05:34)
    2. https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/csit2106_plan (mackonstan, 14:05:43)
    3. Maciek, Andrew, Vratko, think what can be done to generate CSIT rls notes similar to what's done for VPP … :) (mackonstan, 14:06:58)

  6. Releases - CSIT-2101 (mackonstan, 14:07:26)
    1. Vratko, analysed async crypto tests with fat tunnels, core resource allocation is incorrect, requires rework (mackonstan, 14:09:14)
    2. Need to decide on the best way forward, start with email summary (mackonstan, 14:11:50)

  7. Physical Infrastructure (mackonstan, 14:12:52)
    1. FD.io DC move in Mar 2021, MTL1: all on the call agreed to go ahead with stage-2 MTL1 move as per this reference: (mackonstan, 14:18:10)
    2. https://git.fd.io/csit/tree/docs/lab/fdio-dc-inventory-vexxhost.md (mackonstan, 14:18:34)
    3. Maciek, Will propose as soon as next week (after the Easter break) to go ahead with stage-2, with close coordination via slack as per stage-1 (mackonstan, 14:20:01)
    4. BTW - per Vanessa's email, FDIO Maintenance - 2021-03-31 1700 UTC to 2200 UTC (mackonstan, 14:21:04)

  8. TG server platform - recommendations (mackonstan, 14:22:28)
    1. https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/csit_tg_servers (mackonstan, 14:22:38)
    2. Vratko +1, Dave +1 (mackonstan, 14:23:21)
    3. Peter - shall add NIC models, and port usage to get the link rate, will add to wiki (mackonstan, 14:24:39)
    4. Juraj +1, Tibor +1, Tomas +1, Andrew +1 (mackonstan, 14:27:05)
    5. Maciek will be looking to point TSC to this wiki page (once updated) tomorrow (mackonstan, 14:27:30)

  9. Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD (mackonstan, 14:27:46)
    1. Dave, re intermittent vpp job failures, Ole provided a fix for the intermittent MAP test failures has been merged (mackonstan, 14:29:18)
    2. Dave, vpp_device tests failing with the same signature, matching the Intel DPDK/Firmware case we have open for some time now "Faulty VF initialization during DPDK startup when multiple DPDK instances use different VFs with the same PF" (mackonstan, 14:34:11)
    3. Andrew, options to move forward on this opened issues: a) get the fix for the DPDK VF issue, b) ignore DPDK (do not test) and instead use AVF exclusively, c) serialise the tests/jobs making jjb verify taking long / hrs, d) make vpp_device not voting but this will be value subtracted (mackonstan, 14:43:29)
    4. Dave, another issue, intermittently broken access to gerrit, from MTL1 Nomad servers, case open with vexxhost (mackonstan, 14:47:01)
    5. CORRECTION: Dave, another issue, intermittently broken access to gerrit, from YUL1 Nomad servers, case open with vexxhost (mackonstan, 14:48:49)
    6. All agreed to make the last listed issue a blocker for stage-2 move (mackonstan, 14:50:38)

  10. Environment, Framework (mackonstan, 14:50:45)
    1. Migration to Ubuntu 20.04, TRex v2.88 => Work completed - Kudos to the team - Peter, Dave, Andrew ! (mackonstan, 14:53:22)
    2. Vratko, after this patch (31678 : stats: python vpp_stats rewrite to access stat segment directly | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/31678) CSIT tests got broken, discussed with Ole, resulted in patches on VPP and CSIT sides fixing the issue, see Vratko's comment to 31678. (mackonstan, 14:58:48)

  11. Performance Tests (mackonstan, 14:59:43)
    1. Peter, LXC and DRC tests are fixed, so are the dnv ones that were failing. (mackonstan, 15:00:36)
    2. Vratko, scale tests that were failing due to the 31678 are now fixed per above comment. (mackonstan, 15:01:13)
    3. Maciek, QAT IPsec tests continue to fail due to this VPP patch (31443 : dpdk: deprecate ipsec backend | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/31443); Fan confirmed he will be fixing this (mackonstan, 15:02:53)

  12. FD.io intern project (mackonstan, 15:03:18)
    1. https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/Mentorship+Projects (mackonstan, 15:03:30)

Meeting ended at 15:03:32 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. (none)

People present (lines said)

  1. mackonstan (44)
  2. collab-meetbot (3)
  3. vrpolak (2)
  4. dwallacelf (1)
  5. tifrank (1)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.