#fdio-csit: FD.io CSIT Project Meeting

Meeting started by mackonstan at 15:02:58 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. Vratko Polak. (vrpolak, 15:03:00)
    2. Juraj LinkeŇ° (jlinkes, 15:03:01)
    3. Dave Wallace (dwallacelf, 15:03:04)

  1. Agenda bashing (mackonstan, 15:03:07)
    1. Tibor Frank (tifrank, 15:03:13)
    2. Maciek, base freq vs turbo freq performance testing (mackonstan, 15:03:43)

  2. Inputs from VPP (mackonstan, 15:04:30)
    1. Andrew, onboarding vpp make test multi-worker in progress, increasing load on nomad clients (mackonstan, 15:06:52)
    2. Dave, v20.09.01 maintenance referred till after DC move (mackonstan, 15:07:35)

  3. Inputs from TSC (mackonstan, 15:07:57)
    1. Vratko, ongoing discussions about Scapy induced GPL re-licensing for VPP make test (mackonstan, 15:08:47)

  4. Releases CSIT-2101 (mackonstan, 15:09:02)
    1. Tibor, testing wise, almost all runs are finished. But MLX cx556a got excluded by mistake. All 10 runs should be completed by this Friday. (mackonstan, 15:10:25)
    2. Tibor, coverage tests, some are still ongoing, should be done by this Friday. the long pole is 2n-tsh, will take until next week. (mackonstan, 15:11:20)
    3. Tibor, report static content, open patch, methodology on randomized ip scale tests by Vratko (mackonstan, 15:12:17)
    4. https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/31165 (mackonstan, 15:12:19)
    5. Tibor, another open patch by Juraj, rls notes, known issue, merging now (mackonstan, 15:14:05)
    6. https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/31213 (mackonstan, 15:14:24)
    7. Agreed to push the report publish to Friday (mackonstan, 15:19:55)

  5. Physical Infrastructure (mackonstan, 15:20:20)
    1. FD.io DC move, ping to the new YUL1 expected this week (mackonstan, 15:24:42)
    2. Peter, would like to gracefully shut down all the machine in MTL2 before move (once YUL1 is up and running) (mackonstan, 15:25:42)
    3. Andrew .17 Arm server is down (Nomad) (mackonstan, 15:25:57)
    4. Peter, monitoring solution is working well, added Jenkins monitoring incl. the build queue, raising alarm if more than 10 execution fail in the row! (mackonstan, 15:29:37)

  6. Environment, Framework (mackonstan, 15:32:35)
    1. Peter, working on updating pixi scripts, will be dry running ubuntu 20.04 on hsw testbed(s) (mackonstan, 15:33:33)
    2. Maciek, TRex has now a partial support for Intel E800 100GbE NICs, but quite a few caveats, evaluating impact on CSIT, collaborating with RayK on that, as contribution to Trex is from intel (mackonstan, 15:36:18)

  7. Performance Tests (mackonstan, 15:36:35)
    1. Maciek, All performance tests are done with processor cores set to base frequency (re Arm, Juraj to check and re-confirm this is the case). (mackonstan, 15:40:11)
    2. Maciek, some vendors (AMD) are asking to test turbo frequency instead (mackonstan, 15:40:57)
    3. Challenges include: changing between base and turbo frequency without reboot, repeatability of tests (mackonstan, 15:44:57)
    4. AI: Need to come up with a scheme to address it: base frequency is here to stay, the question is to if, how and how often to run tests with turbo enabled? (mackonstan, 15:48:11)


Meeting ended at 15:52:33 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. (none)


People present (lines said)

  1. mackonstan (30)
  2. collab-meetbot (3)
  3. vrpolak (1)
  4. jlinkes (1)
  5. dwallacelf (1)
  6. tifrank (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.