#fdio-csit: FD.io Project Meeting

Meeting started by mackonstan at 14:00:32 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. mackonstan (mackonstan, 14:02:22)
    2. Vratko Polak. (vrpolak, 14:02:43)

  1. Agenda bashing (mackonstan, 14:03:27)
  2. Inputs from projects - VPP (mackonstan, 14:04:49)
    1. Andrew, v21.06, rls notes merged, rls merge jobs are running, will be followed by applying tag, and re-tagging rls artefacts (mackonstan, 14:06:41)
    2. Andrew, CSIT-2106 jobs can start using final VPP v21.06 artefacts as of tomorrow (mackonstan, 14:07:20)
    3. Andrew, all on track (mackonstan, 14:07:42)

  3. Inputs from projects - VSAP (mackonstan, 14:07:53)
    1. Dave, no new updates. Report fine-tuning for related hoststack tests patch getting merged. (mackonstan, 14:09:19)

  4. Inputs from projects - TSC (mackonstan, 14:09:39)
    1. Vratko, new TSC governance document got approved (mackonstan, 14:10:06)
    2. Vratko, TSC started the process for committer at large election, unclear how long this will take (mackonstan, 14:10:24)
    3. https://fd.io/latest/webinars/secure_terabit/ (vrpolak, 14:10:44)

  5. New performance tests (mackonstan, 14:12:07)
    1. Add gtpu sw performance test cases merged and in rls2106 (mackonstan, 14:13:46)
    2. Tibor will render them in reprot (mackonstan, 14:13:54)

  6. New functional Tests (mackonstan, 14:14:08)
    1. Flow: Add ip4 and ip6 ntuple flow test suite (mackonstan, 14:14:20)
    2. Vratko, waiting for Peter to apply final touches to onboard the CVL 810 2p100GE NIC in vpp_device testbed (mackonstan, 14:15:13)

  7. Releases CSIT-2106 (mackonstan, 14:15:31)
    1. Tibor, rc2 tests finished, rc2 data in master report (mackonstan, 14:15:52)
    2. Tibor, reorganized graphs based on adjusted job_specs (mackonstan, 14:16:09)
    3. https://docs.fd.io/csit/master/report/vpp_performance_tests/packet_throughput_graphs/index.html (mackonstan, 14:17:53)
    4. Tibor, comparison tables are there too (mackonstan, 14:18:04)
    5. Vratko, noted some regressions (mackonstan, 14:18:24)
    6. Vratko, 5% regression in avf nat44ed udp cps at smaller scale (mackonstan, 14:19:23)
    7. previous regr is in 2n-clx and 2n-skx (mackonstan, 14:20:07)
    8. Vratko, 3n-skx ipsec 4tnl aes256gcm - 30% bad results and 15% over avg, will take time to bisect as stdev is big (mackonstan, 14:22:03)
    9. Vratko, two regressions issues in 3n-tsh, i) one ipsec issue similar to xeon one, ii) 15% regr on vhost with testpmd-in-vm (mackonstan, 14:23:29)
    10. Tibor, report static content TODO list published on csit-dev earlier today. (mackonstan, 14:24:52)
    11. Tibor, rc2 data will be overwritten in the master report once the rls2106 test data arrives, ETA Tue 06-Jul (mackonstan, 14:32:06)

  8. Physical Infrastructure (mackonstan, 14:32:44)
    1. Maciek, FD.io lab extension in 2021, WIP (mackonstan, 14:34:17)
    2. Maciek, dependency on the vendor funding agreement being finalized (mackonstan, 14:34:39)

  9. Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD (mackonstan, 14:34:49)
    1. Dave, getting one git clone failure a day, out of O(100), so low failure ratio (mackonstan, 14:35:39)
    2. Dave, relocation of remaining LF IT systems to YUL1 after the CSIT-2106 ships (mackonstan, 14:36:17)
    3. Dave, Moving away from Nexus, putting together wiki page capturing all artefacts hosted in Nexus that would need to migrate (mackonstan, 14:37:29)
    4. Vratko, Oper branches: More verification or remove?, last week brief discussion, action on Vratko to write up the summary in email (mackonstan, 14:38:03)
    5. Vratko, Failure cause identification with build-failure-analyzer Jenkins plugin., last week brief discussion, agreed to investigate further. (mackonstan, 14:43:25)

  10. Environment, Framework (mackonstan, 14:43:48)
    1. Tibor, Peter updated env version and documented it in the report (mackonstan, 14:44:31)

  11. Trending (mackonstan, 14:45:09)
    1. Tibor, updating the graphs to reflect job_spec changes and aligning with graphs in report (mackonstan, 14:46:08)
    2. Viliam, Vratko, trending failures on master (overlapping with 2106): i) sporadic failures with rdma-core driver, ii) always failing nat44ed high scale throughput not reaching set number of connections, iii) always failing (some) ipsec async tests. (mackonstan, 14:55:05)

  12. Fd.io Events (mackonstan, 14:55:35)
    1. https://fd.io/latest/webinars/secure_terabit/ (mackonstan, 14:55:51)

Meeting ended at 14:58:11 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. (none)

People present (lines said)

  1. mackonstan (48)
  2. collab-meetbot (4)
  3. vrpolak (3)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.