#fdio-meeting: FD.io CSIT Project Meeting

Meeting started by pmikus at 13:58:06 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. Peter Mikus (pmikus, 13:58:28)
    2. Vratko Polak. (vrpolak, 14:02:29)
    3. Fan Zhang (fan_zhang, 14:02:38)

  1. Agenda bashing (pmikus, 14:03:07)
    1. Dave Wallace (dwallacelf, 14:03:15)

  2. Inputs from projects (pmikus, 14:03:28)
    1. Tibor Frank (tifrank, 14:03:50)
    2. vpp - no news, preparing for RC (pmikus, 14:03:50)

  3. new tests (pmikus, 14:04:39)
    1. PRC national holiday no updates yet. ETA to get beck to work next week. (pmikus, 14:05:29)
    2. No new updates on "E810 flow offload patch" - patch ready to merge (pmikus, 14:06:01)
    3. IPsec scheduler - no CSIT code issue // no work on CSIT side here, on VPP there are "blind" patches due to unable to reproduce CSIT env, patch assumes 2RXQ, ETA: end of next week, no target for making it till rls2110. (pmikus, 14:09:50)
    4. there is a plan on backporting patches on IPsec to rls2110 (pmikus, 14:11:01)
    5. IPsec SPD flow cache patches - no update, to be removed from rls2110, changes are required on VPP side (ARM team working on this), no target date. No view on the state. (pmikus, 14:13:05)
    6. IPsec flow tests affected by the speed of API, there is some work in that area, but not for rls2110. Intel working on that with lower priority. (pmikus, 14:15:05)
    7. IP scale tests - no change since last week. rls2110 only change is plen30. Speed improvement in PAPI scale rescheduled to next release. (pmikus, 14:16:14)

  4. Releases (pmikus, 14:18:31)
    1. testing is going well, few hiccups on infra level, all issues solved, DPDK tests are ongoing, AWS testing is ongoing, retest of rls2106 in rls2110environment in progress. (pmikus, 14:20:17)
    2. Tibor will rerun report generation mechanics to check if report mechanics to AWS CF is ready and working. (pmikus, 14:22:12)

  5. Physical Infrastructure (pmikus, 14:22:26)
    1. FW upgraded on FVL NICs, two issues (TB24 carrier down, ARM cannot be upgraded), both waiting for Vexxhosts (pmikus, 14:25:54)
    2. ICX ETA November, Ampere unknown status. (pmikus, 14:26:18)
    3. FD.io lab budget planning for 2022 - ?. (pmikus, 14:27:04)

  6. - Virtual Infrastructure, CI/CD (pmikus, 14:27:30)
    1. One outage - CA certificate expired, Dawe fixed issue by updating ca-certificated package. (cascading to every image used - AWS, ansible, perf tb, ...). (pmikus, 14:32:04)
    2. FD.io storage migration to S3 - VPP docs refactor, code in progress as part of hackathon. (pmikus, 14:38:28)

  7. Environment, Framework (pmikus, 14:41:27)
    1. TRex: follow-up on v2.88 / v2.90 5 msec latency issue - waiting for the data from rls2110 (pmikus, 14:42:05)
    2. VPP API changes' tracking. - cleanup in place (pmikus, 14:42:20)

  8. Trending (pmikus, 14:42:52)
    1. VPP-1995 i40e driver issue, vlan stripping for VF not working - add configuration option. Damjan needs to take a look. (pmikus, 14:44:35)
    2. Maintainers, commit message template, https://www.conventionalcommits.org (pmikus, 14:45:30)

Meeting ended at 14:47:36 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. (none)

People present (lines said)

  1. pmikus (31)
  2. collab-meetbot (4)
  3. vrpolak (1)
  4. fan_zhang (1)
  5. dwallacelf (1)
  6. tifrank (1)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.