#fdio-meeting: FD.io CSIT Project Meeting

Meeting started by mackonstan at 15:02:01 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. mackonstan (mackonstan, 15:02:05)
    2. Tibor Frank (tifrank, 15:02:10)
    3. Vratko Polak. (vrpolak, 15:06:24)
    4. Dave Wallace (dwallacelf, 15:06:25)

  1. FD.io: VPP updates (mackonstan, 15:08:41)
    1. Dave, few patches merged into stable/22.02 (mackonstan, 15:09:13)
    2. Juraj LinkeŇ° (jlinkes, 15:09:25)
    3. Dave, patches related to hICN and DPDK (mackonstan, 15:09:42)

  2. E810 flow "offload" tests (mackonstan, 15:11:31)
    1. Fan, reporting progress over email, no code ETA yet (mackonstan, 15:12:02)

  3. Scale tests\ (mackonstan, 15:12:38)
    1. Vratko, dormant still (mackonstan, 15:12:45)

  4. VPP hot items (mackonstan, 15:12:47)
    1. re DPDK v22.11 regression, Vratko, Fan pushed a patch, spot check perf verified by Vratko, merged by Damjan, need to see trending results (mackonstan, 15:14:19)

  5. CSIT hot items (mackonstan, 15:15:49)
    1. Maciek, re firmware and driver compatibility matrix, work with Fan and Peter to update it to the best possible, as part of bump to dpdk v22.03, releasing this Friday (mackonstan, 15:18:10)
    2. Maciek, re Spectre-BHB, need recommendation from CPU vendors and Ubuntu, Maciek to check with Intel contacts Fan/Ray, Peter to check Ubuntu, Juraj to check Arm (mackonstan, 15:21:21)

  6. Releases CSIT-2202 (mackonstan, 15:21:35)
    1. Tibor, testing finished last week. (mackonstan, 15:21:58)
    2. Tibor, new report is being generated right now, adds incl. updated (by Vratko) known issues and regression (mackonstan, 15:22:38)
    3. Maciek, send an email with csit-2202 issues classification (mackonstan, 15:23:53)
    4. https://lists.fd.io/g/csit-dev/message/4474 (mackonstan, 15:24:02)
    5. Maciek, re dpdk v21.11 - in hand (mackonstan, 15:29:56)
    6. Maciek, re 9000B csit-1801, 1808, 1809 - Maciek+Peter; csit-1811 - Maciek+Vratko (mackonstan, 15:31:20)
    7. Maciek, re NAT csit-1799, 1812 - Vratko (mackonstan, 15:31:56)
    8. Maciek, re NDR, csit-1802, -1804 - Vratko update the tickets (mackonstan, 15:32:25)
    9. Maciek, re 3n-icx cbc crypto csit-1803 - Vratko suspecting malformed packets after decryption (mackonstan, 15:33:35)
    10. Maciek, re hoststack quick, csit-1805, Dave will have a look (mackonstan, 15:34:09)

  7. Physical Infrastructure (dwallacelf, 15:36:33)
    1. Mellanox NIC cards should be ordered, Kenny Paul approved the invoice today. (dwallacelf, 15:37:29)
    2. Arm Ampere servers (perf testing) arrived, Peter to coordinate standing up of 3node testbed (dwallacelf, 15:38:02)
    3. Juraj opening Vexxhost tickets for installation (dwallacelf, 15:38:24)
    4. Memory for Ampere invoice in process via Vexxhost ticket (dwallacelf, 15:39:50)

  8. Virtual Infrastructure (dwallacelf, 15:40:10)
    1. Post 22.02 CI job clean up in process. (dwallacelf, 15:40:45)
    2. Vanessa planning general maintenance window March 29, 2022 (dwallacelf, 15:43:09)
    3. Final nexus retirement plan to be discussed with Vanessa this week. (dwallacelf, 15:43:35)
    4. Peter to investigate scheduling of ARM jobs in order to determine how many TX2 build servers to retain (dwallacelf, 15:49:18)
    5. Arm job memory allocation appears to be too high, limiting number of jobs available to be run in parallel (dwallacelf, 15:51:37)
    6. Peter, Juraj, Dave to investigate tuning memory consumption (dwallacelf, 15:51:59)
    7. Arm vpp-device job issues: 1 Job setup failing due to timeouts, 2 VM tests failing due to timeouts (dwallacelf, 15:53:26)
    8. Issue 1 being addresssed by Juraj with Peter's input (dwallacelf, 15:53:47)
    9. Issue 2 - Is ok to disable failing VM tests until a fix can be implemented (dwallacelf, 15:54:57)
    10. the VM issue https://jira.fd.io/browse/VPP-1995 (jlinkes, 15:56:34)

  9. Environment, Framework (dwallacelf, 16:00:35)
    1. Keesang Song reported AMD representitve will start attending CSIT meetings to help support AMD based performance testing (dwallacelf, 16:01:32)
    2. Keesang will send email with proposal to upgrade and/or add AMD hardware in performance testbed(s) (dwallacelf, 16:05:20)


Meeting ended at 16:06:15 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. (none)


People present (lines said)

  1. mackonstan (26)
  2. dwallacelf (20)
  3. collab-meetbot (6)
  4. jlinkes (2)
  5. tifrank (1)
  6. vrpolak (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.