#fdio-meeting: FD.io CSIT Project Meeting

Meeting started by mackonstan at 13:59:09 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. mackonstan (mackonstan, 13:59:17)
    2. Vratko Polak. (vrpolak, 13:59:48)
    3. Tibor Frank (tifrank, 14:00:36)

  1. Agenda bashing (mackonstan, 14:00:58)
  2. Inputs from projects - VPP (mackonstan, 14:03:03)
    1. Maciek, interesting discussion on VPP call yesterday (mackonstan, 14:06:59)
    2. (viliamluc, 14:07:10)
    3. Maciek, I provided readout about csit-2202 failures, Vratko provided readout about regressions (mackonstan, 14:07:44)
    4. Dave, a long ranging discussion about amount of performance centric contributions and CSIT benchmarking data (mackonstan, 14:13:53)
    5. Dave Wallace (dwallacelf, 14:14:08)
    6. Vratko, started discussing regressions, but didn't not get to any concrete followups (except the "mem copy" improvement impacting tests) (Vratko to provide jira reference) (mackonstan, 14:19:53)
    7. Dave, recommend we keep performance as a standing topic for vpp calls (mackonstan, 14:20:27)

  3. Inputs from projects - TSC (mackonstan, 14:21:11)
    1. Dave, working with Casey, Vanessa (and Andy G) re AWS usage and cost and billing (mackonstan, 14:21:42)
    2. Dave, proposing to have budget readouts quarterly (mackonstan, 14:22:55)
    3. https://jira.fd.io/browse/CSIT-1815 <-- The Jira reference. (vrpolak, 14:23:04)
    4. Dave, added list of events with LFN presence (mackonstan, 14:23:36)
    5. Maciek - **vppcfg** new project proposal - readout to CSIT on 27-Apr (mackonstan, 14:25:39)
    6. https://wiki.fd.io/view/Project_Proposals/vppcfg (mackonstan, 14:25:57)

  4. New or being refactored tests (mackonstan, 14:27:10)
    1. E810 flow "offload" tests - need Fan to provide update (mackonstan, 14:27:47)
    2. Juraj LinkeŇ° (jlinkes, 14:28:17)
    3. Scale tests revisited - Vratko, we need to discuss options first, before setting to code the prototype (mackonstan, 14:28:47)
    4. Vratko, adding different frame sizes support for TRex ASTF tests (mackonstan, 14:29:52)
    5. https://lists.fd.io/g/csit-dev/message/4482 (mackonstan, 14:30:08)

  5. VPP hot items (mackonstan, 14:30:58)
    1. VPP MTU handling, Vratko, no updates. (mackonstan, 14:31:10)

  6. CSIT hot items (mackonstan, 14:31:20)
    1. re Spectre-BHB security vulnerability, Maciek (mackonstan, 14:32:00)
    2. Maciek, no update from Intel (mackonstan, 14:32:13)
    3. Juraj, no update from Arm (mackonstan, 14:32:22)
    4. Keesang, AMD published recommendation, Keesang will update the reference list with AMD specific info in fd.io gerrit (mackonstan, 14:34:05)

  7. Releases - CSIT-2206 (mackonstan, 14:34:42)
    1. Andrew, from vpp side note stats segment refactor (mackonstan, 14:35:42)
    2. see patch 66c85838 (mackonstan, 14:36:26)
    3. Maciek, Vratko - bumping dpdk to v22.03 already in vpp master (mackonstan, 14:37:00)
    4. https://gerrit.fd.io/r/q/topic:%22dpdk_22_03-bump%22 <-- 3 patches doing the DPDK version bump, merged to VPP master (not stable/2202). (vrpolak, 14:38:44)

  8. Physical Infrastructure (mackonstan, 14:40:43)
    1. Maciek, Juraj, 3n-alt numbers are available now, 11 Mpps per core for ip4-base (mackonstan, 14:42:29)
    2. 35640: stats: convert error counters to normal counters | https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/35640 (vrpolak, 14:43:50)
    3. Maciek, Peter, looking at optimising space in existing racks and considering removal of 2n-skx testbeds to make space for new 3n-snr and more icx ones. (mackonstan, 14:45:36)
    4. Maciek, Peter, we should do our best to avoid putting fat 4RU servers in the racks ... if it's at all possible (mackonstan, 14:46:22)
    5. Keesang, AMD, following up with Peter re BIOS settings. (mackonstan, 14:49:26)
    6. Keesang, AMD, requesting again pointers for vpp performance tests - settings, methodology, results - so that AMD team can review it and provide suggestions. (mackonstan, 14:53:14)
    7. Maciek, will provide the pointers (mackonstan, 14:55:51)
    8. Maciek, Keesang, Peter, schedule a dedicated slot for AMD performance results review - FD.io CSIT labs vs. AMD CSIT labs (mackonstan, 15:00:07)
    9. Keesang, will ask the AMD team to join the CSIT call next week (mackonstan, 15:02:17)

  9. Trending (mackonstan, 15:02:34)
    1. Dave, would like to follow up on request to add hoststack tests to trending (mackonstan, 15:02:47)
    2. Tibor, will work on it (mackonstan, 15:02:56)


Meeting ended at 15:03:33 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. (none)


People present (lines said)

  1. mackonstan (45)
  2. collab-meetbot` (7)
  3. vrpolak (4)
  4. tifrank (1)
  5. viliamluc (1)
  6. dwallacelf (1)
  7. jlinkes (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.