#fdio-vpp: fdio-vpp

Meeting started by DaveBarach at 16:03:12 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. AMD benchmark results published in maintenance version of csit-2009, see my announce email on 23-Dec (mackonstan, 16:03:53)
    2. Benchmark test additions/updates in csit-2101: nat44ed astf throughput tests, ip6 with rnd flows, ip6 latency (re-added), gso, geneve (mackonstan, 16:04:58)
    3. New Arm testbed types: performance thunderx2 2n-tx2, device-functional thunderx2 1n-tx2 (mackonstan, 16:05:05)
    4. vpp v21.01 rc1 csit test dry runs completed, some snafus with testing vpp v20.09 in updated csit-2101 environment, but all resolved (mackonstan, 16:05:26)
    5. draft version of csit-2101 report already online, incl. early versions of comparison tables (mackonstan, 16:05:41)
    6. https://docs.fd.io/csit/master/report/ (mackonstan, 16:05:49)
    7. https://docs.fd.io/csit/master/report/_static/vpp/performance-changes-2n-clx-xxv710-2t1c-pdr.txt (mackonstan, 16:05:56)
    8. csit-2101 rc2 tomorrow, report publish target date 10-Feb, see timeline link (mackonstan, 16:06:10)
    9. https://wiki.fd.io/view/CSIT/csit2101_plan (mackonstan, 16:06:16)
    10. FYI we will be moving and consolidating physical Vexxhost DCs Feb-Mar, incl. Nomad build machines and all CSIT testbeds, should be transparent to FD.io operations (mackonstan, 16:06:37)
    11. The actual move stages and timeline will be posted on wiki, in the meantime are captured in csit gerrit 30662 (mackonstan, 16:06:55)
    12. https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/csit/+/30662 (mackonstan, 16:07:03)
    13. And we will be moving to ubuntu 20.04 post 2101 (mackonstan, 16:07:11)

  1. Host Stack (Florin) (DaveBarach, 16:08:31)
    1. session layer refactor to avoid MAP_FIXED memory segment mappings (DaveBarach, 16:09:05)
    2. fifos, message queues now use base+offset vs. hard pointers (DaveBarach, 16:09:45)
    3. should be transparent for vcl apps, also builtin apps (DaveBarach, 16:10:14)
    4. only victims would be raw API consumers. Changes only in master, not likely to be backported to 21.01 (DaveBarach, 16:11:11)
    5. let Florin know if something breaks. (:-). (DaveBarach, 16:11:42)
    6. TLS, like quicc, depends on cert/key storage maintained in infra (DaveBarach, 16:12:33)
    7. DTLS almost done. Looking at adding SRTP (DaveBarach, 16:13:07)

  2. Documentation (Ole) (DaveBarach, 16:13:37)
    1. no doc update (DaveBarach, 16:13:56)

  3. Release Management (Andrew, DaveW) (DaveBarach, 16:14:07)
    1. RC2 tag tomorrow (DaveBarach, 16:14:17)
    2. formal release on the 27th, hope to avoid near-immediate dot release (DaveBarach, 16:15:01)
    3. 20.09.1 Maintenance Release to be scheduled after 21.01 CSIT Report Publish + 1 week #fdio-vpp (dwallacelf, 16:15:11)
    4. 19.08 jobs now removed (DaveBarach, 16:15:38)
    5. tomorrow's deadline: noon GMT (DaveBarach, 16:15:59)
    6. Debian 9 jobs have not been removed yet. Any reason to hold off removal any longer? (DaveBarach, 16:16:48)
    7. AGREED: will remove Deb-9 jobs in the next week. Remove from master, 21.01. (DaveBarach, 16:17:29)

  4. Infra (Dave W) (DaveBarach, 16:17:56)
    1. stable since LF removed unsupported plugins (DaveBarach, 16:18:06)
    2. no more changes to LF CI infra until 21.01 is complete (DaveBarach, 16:18:28)
    3. after CSIT report published, a few improvements scheduled from the LF side (DaveBarach, 16:19:05)
    4. https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/ci-management/+/30100 (dwallacelf, 16:19:45)
    5. Jenkins config now source-controlled in gerrit. (DaveBarach, 16:19:46)
    6. CI / docker images modified to use LF tools, mandatory to eventually move to Amazon S3 infra (DaveBarach, 16:20:23)
    7. snergster images be gone (DaveBarach, 16:20:35)
    8. thanks to peter, andrew, we have backup log storage on the Nomad cluster (DaveBarach, 16:21:49)
    9. DaveB mentions Jenkins job failure summary database. Low priority, on DaveW's queue (DaveBarach, 16:25:22)
    10. eventually switch to a lower-cost Vexxhost instance to run Jenkins (DaveBarach, 16:25:56)
    11. adding more automated Nomad monitoring tools (DaveBarach, 16:26:23)
    12. Vexxhost data center move will reduce capacity for a period of time (DaveBarach, 16:26:49)
    13. verify jobs can move to 20.04, need to make sure that docker images actually work (DaveBarach, 16:34:35)
    14. ACTION: DaveW to push patch to switch verify to Ubuntu 2.04 (DaveBarach, 16:35:27)

Meeting ended at 16:41:25 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. DaveW to push patch to switch verify to Ubuntu 2.04

People present (lines said)

  1. DaveBarach (35)
  2. mackonstan (14)
  3. collab-meetbot (3)
  4. dwallacelf (3)
  5. fcoras (1)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.