#opnfv-meeting: octopus team-meeting

Meeting started by ulik at 14:03:00 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. collecting topics (ulik, 14:05:27)
    2. add to topics how to address jira stories and assign people (ulik, 14:05:54)
    3. add to topics info about tool training (ulik, 14:06:14)

  1. assigning Jira stories (ulik, 14:07:11)
    1. currently 11 stories on jira and 2 epics (ulik, 14:08:03)
    2. Fatih suggest we address OCTO-4 and 5 by starting to talk to those team (ulik, 14:09:39)
    3. Bhargava Tadi volunteers on Foreman track.(OCTO-4) (ulik, 14:11:55)
    4. Please send mail to LF Helpdesk if you experience issues with Jira (fdegir, 14:13:44)
    5. Iben volunteers to work on Salt stack (ulik, 14:14:00)
    6. suggesting to create new story for that. (ulik, 14:14:16)
    7. Iben suggests to add better link to training pages (something like the "for new developers"....) (ulik, 14:16:32)
    8. Narinder Gupta from Canonical has also created additional experiment in BGS. (ulik, 14:17:38)
    9. he will do the similar for this new Juju experiment (ulik, 14:19:36)

  2. Training materials (ulik, 14:21:51)
    1. Fatih and others provided first set of training material and sent to review (ulik, 14:22:23)
    2. This even includes some interactive sessions (ulik, 14:22:57)
    3. link will be shared after a first review, because currently it is too much material. (ulik, 14:24:35)
    4. We will do 3 rounds of review. First very small team, then about octopus team, then whole community (ulik, 14:27:23)

  3. Build scripts (ulik, 14:27:46)
    1. Fatih explains the history about creation of this first script (ulik, 14:28:49)
    2. Fatih encourages to check this on gerrit (ulik, 14:29:44)
    3. https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/144/3/fuel/ci/build.sh (ulik, 14:30:45)
    4. Jerry asks why iso image (ulik, 14:30:59)
    5. unclear, which outputs are needed when there is an initial deployment on new hardware (ulik, 14:33:01)
    6. different installers work in different ways so builds of these installers could differ (fdegir, 14:34:33)
    7. artifacts produced by these builds could be different (fdegir, 14:34:53)
    8. or other installers might not have build step at all (fdegir, 14:35:09)
    9. ODL will have different formats for the different modules (ulik, 14:36:12)
    10. unclear why ODL needs a debian package as part of one of the scripts. But this can only be answered in BGS. (ulik, 14:38:27)
    11. Details regarding BGS Fuel Build & Deploy scripts: https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/BGS_CI (fdegir, 14:40:11)
    12. jenkins will always call build.sh from the ci subdirectory in a projects (or experiments) repo. (ulik, 14:43:46)
    13. deploy step may need to know where are the artifacts (ulik, 14:46:38)
    14. especially in case of a new lab, there are more things that need to be there. (ulik, 14:47:59)
    15. Pharos project already has some information (ulik, 14:48:27)
    16. Release 1 will only deal with the LF environment (ulik, 14:49:03)
    17. Tim reports from the work witn vagrant and centos (ulik, 14:50:35)
    18. Question about how we make sure, a lab is cleaned up for the next case of installing (ulik, 14:52:27)
    19. Linux Foundation Hardware should be available now. So they probably are now setting up all the tools. (ulik, 14:54:00)
    20. Jerry reminds that we have to tell Aric how many machines should run what (ulik, 14:55:37)
    21. So this information must come out of the BGS project. (ulik, 14:56:36)

Meeting ended at 14:59:09 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. (none)

People present (lines said)

  1. ulik (38)
  2. fdegir (5)
  3. collabot (4)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.