#opnfv-meeting: dovetail weekly meeting

Meeting started by hongbo213 at 14:00:30 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. Chris Price (ChrisPriceAB, 14:01:43)
    2. leo_wang (leo_wang, 14:01:56)
    3. Larry Lamers (ljlamers, 14:02:13)
    4. Bryan Sullivan (bryan_att, 14:03:43)
    5. Ray Paik (rpaik, 14:04:01)

  1. Approval or meeting minutes and action item review (ChrisPriceAB, 14:05:33)
    1. Hongbo asks for any feedback on the minutes (ChrisPriceAB, 14:07:50)
    2. no comments provided (ChrisPriceAB, 14:07:57)

  2. Test Case Template (bryan_att, 14:08:32)
    1. https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/22855/ (hongbo213, 14:08:33)
    2. Some more patches that need review (bryan_att, 14:08:50)
    3. just need more help to progress the patches (bryan_att, 14:11:38)
    4. Trevor Cooper (trevc, 14:12:18)
    5. https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/22855/ (hongbo213, 14:12:28)
    6. hongbo (hongbo213, 14:16:56)
    7. consensus is that we are not at the point of knowing what we we need/intend in the test suite design (bryan_att, 14:19:44)
    8. therefore we don't need more committers or help at this time to move the patches forward (bryan_att, 14:20:17)
    9. ChrisP suggests to add committers in specific areas (bryan_att, 14:21:12)
    10. Wenjing suggests to address open questions first (bryan_att, 14:22:25)
    11. Wenjing suggests to have a plan first, e.g. list of tests (bryan_att, 14:23:45)
    12. Wenjing suggests start adding/tracking issues in Jira (rpaik, 14:24:58)
    13. https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/dovetail/Dovetail+Test+Case+Requirements (hongbo213, 14:27:08)
    14. Test requirements and test cases need meeting minutes supdates (bryan_att, 14:27:11)
    15. where test cases are tracked seems to be an open issue (bryan_att, 14:29:02)
    16. ChrisP discussions about design should be done on the wiki and committed to git when ready (bryan_att, 14:29:41)
    17. we area agreed on the development of test case requirements on the wiki and move to git when ready (bryan_att, 14:33:12)
    18. "test case requirements" means what should be included in test cases (information) (bryan_att, 14:33:51)
    19. ChrisP suggests 2nd need is to define the "test areas" (bryan_att, 14:34:16)
    20. Bryan suggests that the test areas be define on the wiki and then moved to git when ready (bryan_att, 14:35:27)
    21. "ready" means committer consensus (bryan_att, 14:36:03)
    22. https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/dovetail/Dovetail+Test+Cases current draft of test areas and associated test cases. (ChrisPriceAB, 14:37:04)
    23. Bryan suggests that the detailed list of tests not be on the wiki, but in some database. The test areas are fine on the wiki, but documenting all tests twice is too much overhead (bryan_att, 14:38:28)
    24. what we use to document the test lists seems to be an open issue, e.g. the list of cases in the file in git, etc... (bryan_att, 14:44:14)
    25. ChrisP suggests we may not be ready to ID test cases when we have not defined the test areas yet (bryan_att, 14:44:37)
    26. Bryan suggests that having to maintain all the needed info on tests in git flat files is not the way to proceed (bryan_att, 14:46:03)
    27. agreement seems to center around test case requirements and need to develop the test areas first (bryan_att, 14:46:33)
    28. with drafts on the wiki and rst in git when ready (bryan_att, 14:47:04)

  3. Dovetail in Release Process (bryan_att, 14:48:11)
    1. Ray wants clarification on how Dovetail will do releases, and how the releases will be managed (bryan_att, 14:48:54)
    2. Wenjing suggests that someone work with David to define that (bryan_att, 14:49:19)
    3. Ray wants to understand how release milestones apply to Dovetail (bryan_att, 14:52:42)
    4. Bryan suggests that someone create a release planning page for Dovetail and use it to develop ideas for consensus in Dovetail (bryan_att, 14:53:18)
    5. ChrisP suggests there is difficulty getting time to document any release process, and that needing to assess the content of the release after-the-fact, Dovetail does not fit the milestones (bryan_att, 14:57:05)
    6. consensus is that Dovetail does not fit the release process at this time, and does not plan to participate in the release per se (bryan_att, 14:57:40)

Meeting ended at 15:00:44 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. (none)

People present (lines said)

  1. bryan_att (32)
  2. ChrisPriceAB (8)
  3. hongbo213 (8)
  4. dneary (5)
  5. collabot` (5)
  6. rpaik (2)
  7. leo_wang (1)
  8. ljlamers (1)
  9. trevc (1)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.